grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

34 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Far From Home pulse is pretty much useless. Its heavily Tuesday loaded with barely anything for weekend.

OD is much bigger on pulse than CM.

Yeah I'm only gonna be tracking OD. The trend will be weird though due to the Tuesday release date so hopefully it can keep the lead. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Menor said:

Yeah I'm only gonna be tracking OD. The trend will be weird though due to the Tuesday release date so hopefully it can keep the lead. 

How are the midnights/OD looking, btw? Same as last time?

Updated with Friday number.

Here is Incredibles 2's weekend breakdown on Pulse:

Thu 64,591 ($18.5m previews)

Fri 105,877 ($52.8m)

Sat 85.971  ($58.9m)

Sun 76,605 ($52.5m)

And Toy Story 4's:

Thu 39,099 ($12m previews)

Fri 69,352 ($35.4m)

Sat

Sun

Currently TS4 has 45,593 for Saturday. I am projecting ~61,000 by the end of today. That would translate to $41.7m (+18% from true Friday) for Saturday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neucentro said:

Currently TS4 has 45,593 for Saturday. I am projecting ~61,000 by the end of today. That would translate to $41.7m (+18% from true Friday) for Saturday.

With that Sat number and assuming a 25% drop Sun, that will be a $120M OW.

1 hour ago, Litio said:

I guess that's good enough, but it's important to remember Conjuring was 5 years ago from Nun's release, and Annabelle four years, both of which at a time when presales weren't as heavy as they were during Nun's release. So I'm still not that convinced, at least for the time being.

• Astonished 1

1 hour ago, CoolEric258 said:

I guess that's good enough, but it's important to remember Conjuring was 5 years ago from Nun's release, and Annabelle four years, both of which at a time when presales weren't as heavy as they were during Nun's release. So I'm still not that convinced, at least for the time being.

''4 Conjuring movies combined'' meant TC 1 (2013) + Annabelle (2014) + TC 2 (2016) + Annabelle C (2017).  The Nun came out only ~1-2 years after AC and TC2. Since then, fandango presales don't increased far enough to justify a spin off selling more on presales than its whole franchise combined since it didn't open so far above the previous movies. 

Edited by Litio
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Neucentro said:

Currently TS4 has 50,993 for saturday ... Great trend ..

6 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

If the amount of showtimes at my AMC is any indication, Disney is definitely anticipating huge numbers for TLK. Starting with more showtimes than Endgame did

presales started already ?