grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

4 hours ago, RamblinRed said:

This is what I am expecting as well. I will say I sort of expect it to fall off a cliff on Sunday. The pre-sales for Sunday around me are really poor.

I'm sort of thinking a solid Friday. A flat Saturday and a steep drop on Sunday (30%+).

I'm also expecting it to be more pre-sale fronted as opposed to more walk-up. I just don't think the GA is going to come up and say let me sit through AE with an unfinished deleted scene for another $15.

Sundays are always comparatively poor this far out

It's Sunday sales are comparatively better than Yesterday's and it's Saturdays  about the same 60% of Friday

Updated by @akvalley: 2019-06-27 19:01:31 Central
TICKETS	SHOW DATE	DAY	MOVIE

AEG

492	2019-06-27	THU	Avengers: Endgame
3135	2019-06-28	FRI	Avengers: Endgame
1925	2019-06-29	SAT	Avengers: Endgame
934	2019-06-30	SUN	Avengers: Endgame

YESTERDAY
2340	2019-06-27	THU	Yesterday
3294	2019-06-28	FRI	Yesterday
2070	2019-06-29	SAT	Yesterday
752	2019-06-30	SUN	Yesterday

ANABELLE

2324	2019-06-27	THU	Annabelle Comes Home
1627	2019-06-28	FRI	Annabelle Comes Home
1110	2019-06-29	SAT	Annabelle Comes Home
341	2019-06-30	SUN	Annabelle Comes Home
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Manabyte is reporting that at his theater there are more showings being added:

One thing I've noticed is that AMC seems to be strong sales wise, and I'm really wondering how much off an effect the AMC stubs program is having on this. For stubs members who get to see up to 3 movies a week, it's really no additional cost to them to see Endgame on more time.  

If my theory pans out, that means most those AMC tickets were bought directly through the AMC website and not Fandango to use the stubs program. That would also mean that it's possible Fandango is underpredicting Endgame's numbers right now... 

But I could also be completely off and most of those AMC tickets could have been sold through fandango. 

AMC Burbank for instance is doing gangbuster business for Endgame tomorrow;

https://www.amctheatres.com/movie-theatres/los-angeles/amc-dine-in-ontario-mills-30/showtimes/avengers-endgame-45840/2019-06-28/amc-burbank-16/all

Edited by VanillaSkies
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

One thing I've noticed is that AMC seems to be strong sales wise, and I'm really wondering how much off an effect the AMC stubs program is having on this. For stubs members who get to see up to 3 movies a week, it's really no additional cost to them to see Endgame on more time.  

If my theory pans out, that means most those AMC tickets were bought directly through the AMC website and not Fandango to use the stubs program. That would also mean that it's possible Fandango is underpredicting Endgame's numbers right now... 

But I could also be completely off and most of those AMC tickets could have been sold through fandango. 

AMC Burbank for instance is doing gangbuster business for Endgame tomorrow;

https://www.amctheatres.com/movie-theatres/los-angeles/amc-dine-in-ontario-mills-30/showtimes/avengers-endgame-45840/2019-06-28/amc-burbank-16/all

Really impressive turnout there.

9 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Oh man, if I had A-list there’s no way I’d be able to resist the bonus content. That’s an interesting angle.

I was gonna get it but with no family in Seattle hard to find time for movies. Plus its so easy to get super cheap tickets for family films.

Not gonna have time with new job I landed in Seattle. Excited but it's gonna be like 75 min each way (60 min on train). Looooooooonnnnnng days ahead of me.

24 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Oh man, if I had A-list there’s no way I’d be able to resist the bonus content. That’s an interesting angle.

This is why I love Atom; free cancellations.  I have tickets for 7:30PM tomorrow and Saturday.  I don't know which one I will go to, or either of them depending on the job, but doesn't cost me a thing reserve those seats.

Which I needed to do since both shows are full.

I will be doing a full seat report since Pulse was down all day.  Just gotta get the Summer Games in first.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

This is why I love Atom; free cancellations.  I have tickets for 7:30PM tomorrow and Saturday.  I don't know which one I will go to, or either of them depending on the job, but doesn't cost me a thing reserve those seats.

Which I needed to do since both shows are full.

I will be doing a full seat report since Pulse was down all day.  Just gotta get the Summer Games in first.

The theatre I work at has atom and you wouldn't believe how many people don't understand that you can do free cancellations. Like 99% of the time people come in saying they're not going to make their movie and demand cash out of my till and I gotta explain it again and again and again that it's free cancellations :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, DAJK said:

The theatre I work at has atom and you wouldn't believe how many people don't understand that you can do free cancellations.

42 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

This is why I love Atom; free cancellations. 

uu9pmDP.gif

(Cinemark is coming to Atom sometime this summer, you see...)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

You know what I also love about Atom? That they don't shut down their public box office ticket samples for maintenance, and force some weirdo with an affection for the twink from CMBYN and feels weirdly obligated to track the numbers said sample generates for a box office forum and a random movie subreddit to wait until it gets fixed again, and being forced to check every hour, hoping that somehow the public box office ticket sample just magically starts working again. Atom would never do that. <_<

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

8 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

You know what I also love about Atom? That they don't shut down their public box office ticket samples for maintenance, and force some weirdo with an affection for the twink from CMBYN and feels weirdly obligated to track the numbers said sample generates for a box office forum and a random movie subreddit to wait until it gets fixed again, and being forced to check every hour, hoping that somehow the public box office ticket sample just magically starts working again. Atom would never do that. <_<

giphy.gif

CAN'T DISAPPOINT COOLERIC258 OVER INTERRUPTING TICKET DATA UPDATES

IF YOU NEVER POST THE DATA IN THE FIRST PLACE

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Me too man, me too

1 hour ago, CoolEric258 said:

Here's a cute pic of timmy:

10c09ae3b572123a55a171f8a938d7eb.jpg

(or at least that's what google said when I googled 'Timothy chalamet cute' )

and some xanax

_101013372_img_6877.jpg

We'll get through this.

• Like 1

Looked at few theaters in NYC on how Spidey Midnights are doing. IMax at AMC Lincoln Sq/EMpire 25 and Dolby screens have good sales. Alamo Drafthouse at brooklyn has also sold lots of seats. But regular 2D/Digital 3D has not shown much demand for Midnights to expand significantly. Still looking at Sub 5m midnights. This is one of the strongest markets for midnights.

Spoiler

Regal E-Walk
4Dx - 22/134
RPX - 16/213
2D -  4/209

AMC Empire 25
Imax 168/303
Prime 3D(PLF)   43/180
Dolby - 151/225
2D - 25/377, 16/262, 3/309, 11/262, 3/309

AMC 34th St 14
2D - 22/289, 5/185,
Dolby - 66/131

Cinepolis chelsea    - 8/112

AMC Loews Lincoln Sq  -
Imax - 356/520
dolby - 33/297

AMC kips  bay 15

3d: 17/156
2d: 65/174, 8/35,0/43,0/41, 4/45

Regal Union Sq
2d 17/200

Alamo Drafthouse Brooklyn

2d: 103/188

SF midnights. Metreon Imax is 40% sold and few PLF are doing good.

Spoiler

SF

Alamo Drafthouse SF
2D 38/326

Century San Francisco Centre 9 and XD
2D 29/219

AMC Metreon 16
Imax 182/437
Dolby 18/187

Century 20 Daly City and XD
3d 0/245
XD 65/160
2d 8/230, 14/462

AMC Bay St 16
Imax - 66/257
3d - 0/215
Dolby - 88/221
2D:   10/295

Century at Tanforan and XD
3D: 2/246
DBOX 3D: 12/34
DBOX: 0/44
2D: 5/441
XD: 54/357

Edited by keysersoze123

Far From Home Greater Sacramento Area MIDNIGHT SCREENINGS Seat Report: T-4 Days and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

21.04%

Total Showings Added Today:              2 (both at local drive-in)

Total Seats Added Today:                 n/a

Total Seats Sold Today:                      70

Comp against Crimes of Grindelwand Tuesday Limited Engagement Sneaks:

1.1563x times as many tickets sold as FB2's sneaks 7 days before their showings.

T-4 days:

FB2 sneaks      41 tickets sold  [0 sellouts/6 showings   | 772/1399 seats left  |  44.82% sold]

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

The Lion King Greater Sacramento Area Premiere Night Seat Report: T-21 Days and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

8.67%

Total Showings Added Today:            17 (1 at non-reserved seating theaters)

Total Seats Added Today:               1305

Total Seats Sold Today:                      98

Unadjusted Comps

6.3333x as many tickets sold as Detective Pikachu after four days of pre-sales.

3.4122x as many tickets sold as Aladdin after four days of pre-sales.

3.5574x as many tickets sold as King of the Monsters after four days of pre-sales.

1.4942x as many tickets sold as Toy Story 4 after four days of pre-sales.

Day 4:

Pika         20 tickets sold [0 sellouts/72 showings |     7745/8009 seats left     |  3.30% sold]

Aladdin   56 tickets sold [0 sellouts/68 showings |     8913/9403 seats left     |  5.21% sold]

KotM       98 tickets sold [0 sellouts/80 showings  |  10687/11157 seats left   |  4.21% sold]

TS4       104 tickets sold [0 sellouts/89 showings  |  11082/12201 seats left   |  9.17% sold]

NOTE:  Some theaters sold tickets for a couple of days for KotM before being officially announced for sale.

Adjusted Comps

1.6388x as many tickets sold as Fallen Kingdom after four days of pre-sales.

ADJUSTMENT NOTE: If a theater locally that is now selling tickets for reserved seating was selling them for the above movies, but as non-reserved seating for that movie, it is not counted toward the ratio of 'as many tickets sold' for the movie in question.  If a theater is brand new to the region and wasn't yet open for one of the above movies, however, it will be counted toward the ratio.  It will also be counted toward the ratio if it was playing in a different number of theaters locally.

Day 4:

JW2              87 tickets sold  [0 sellouts/97 showings   |     9155/10113 seats left  | 9.47% sold]

TLK (JW)       83 tickets sold  [0 sellouts/175 showings  |  15716/17286 seats left  | 9.08% sold]

TLK (JW) is the number of tickets sold at the same theaters I had tracking info for Fallen Kingdom

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1