grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

8 minutes ago, john2000 said:

and whats the good news mate ?

*rechecks post*

Ah.  I see I implied there was good news, didn't I?

No, I meant "who wants to be the first people here to HEAR the bad news" not "Who wants to hear the bad news and then the good news".

My apologies on that front.  No, sadly I don't have any good news. My post was a softening the board up/calling attention to a Very Important Post I was about to make.  Apologies on that front.

I've gone ahead and clarified it somewhat to remove that implication.

Edited by Porthos

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

*rechecks post*

Ah.  I see I implied there was good news, didn't I?

No, I meant "who wants to be the first people here to HEAR the bad news" not "Who wants to hear the bad news and then the good news".

My apologies on that front.  No, sadly I don't have any good news. My post was a softening the board up/calling attention to a Very Important Post I was about to make.  Apologies on that front.

I've gone ahead and clarified it somewhat to remove that implication.

so that mean that this thread is  over now ? i hope not :(

• ...wtf 1

5 minutes ago, john2000 said:

This thread was around before akvalley's tracker was around and we can still be here without it.  Just have to depend more on local trackers and whatever new tools get created.

If anything, this thread is even MORE important now in regards to updates from local trackers since we're going to be relying on them to provide updates.  The trick now is synthesizing the various reports and looking at the big picture.

Like if one of us says a 10m opening night for a film is likely, another of us 12m, and a third 11m, the likely answer is 11m.

Really it's just going back to the old days of this thread.  @Jayhawk is absolutely right that this is a dark day for DOM tracking.  But it's not a death kneel, either.  Just means info is gonna be a bit more spotty and haphazard. 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, john2000 said:

No way . this thread will not over .... we have best trackers here ... they can track locally/theater-wise  ... 

you can track through their websites ... we all know that this is very boring & time consuming but we have to do it now .. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, FlashMaster659 said:

Spider-Man: Far From Home - AMC Ontario Mills (Monday)

Dolby Cinema

12:01 AM - 172/203

3:15 AM - 53/203

RealD 3D

12:30 AM - 16/167

2D

1:00 AM - 29/217

2:00 AM - 7/167

Total

277(+58)/957 (28.9%)

Dolby Cinema

12:01 AM - 177/203

3:15 AM - 65/203

RealD 3D

12:30 AM - 28/167

2D

1:00 AM - 69/217

Total

346(+69)/957 (36.2%)

0.0816x as many seats sold as Avengers: Endgame mid-day of previews

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just now, FlashMaster659 said:

Dolby Cinema

12:01 AM - 177/203

3:15 AM - 65/203

RealD 3D

12:30 AM - 28/167

2D

1:00 AM - 69/217

Total

346(+69)/957 (36.2%)

0.0816x as many seats sold as Avengers: Endgame mid-day of previews

good ?

Fandango wants to be a bitch to me? Destroy all that work for no reason? Well, screw them.

Starting tonight, I'm gonna do something brand spanking new. Starting tonight, I'm tracking Philadelphia. Just starting compiling up the theaters and showtimes and everything. Okay, maybe not the whole city and everything, but a good chunk of the major theaters. I'm gonna follow our God @Porthos, and do the shiz he does with Sacto, and maybe other people can track some of the major cities too. Just get at least a good chunk of the major theaters/cities, and from the ashes of Pulse, we can build a better one. With blackjack. And hookers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 2