grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

5 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

What do you guys think about Once Upon A Time In Hollywood next weekend?

At my theater, it's got 2 show times for Thursday and 4 for Friday. It's sold 93 tickets so far for both days. Admittedly I'm not an expert on films of this nature (walkup rate, front loading, etc) but if I had to make a guess right now I'd put it somewhere in the 30's for next weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

What do you guys think about Once Upon A Time In Hollywood next weekend?

Denver area has 329/3745 with 29 showings in 8 theaters as of yesterday. 

I’ve got no real comps, but I’m gonna use TLK for fun. That suggests a 2.7M Thursday preview. (Actually seems somewhat realistic but don’t take the comp seriously). I’m not sure what the IM of a movie like this would be, but I’m guessing it would be high because people aren’t rushing out to see it on Thursday. Low to mid 30s is my guess

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

At my theater, it's got 2 show times for Thursday and 4 for Friday. It's sold 93 tickets so far for both days. Admittedly I'm not an expert on films of this nature (walkup rate, front loading, etc) but if I had to make a guess right now I'd put it somewhere in the 30's for next weekend. 

I'm hoping its awesome and does 40+ because it's gonna need it. Budget is near 100m.

4 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

How's Hobbs and Shaw doing?

Previews at my theater currently sits at 41 tickets sold. As a comp, KOTM was at 426 tickets sold by 530pm on previews night. I'd put the target to aim for right around there. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

How's Hobbs and Shaw doing?

tenor.gif

===

Far behind anything I've actively tracked this year.  But at the same time, Shawn mentioned that it was tracking ahead of films like MI:6 at this point last week.  

Might just be a late bloomer when it comes to pre-sales.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

Don't think anyone has bothered to mention this and it might have sailed under the radar with everything else going on (plus no Pulse), but Dora has 4pm previews.  Because of course it does.

So add Paramount to the studios going for 4pm previews for properties aimed at a younger audience.

EDIT:: Looks like tickets officially went on sale Friday.  Not expecting much, but it'll be interesting to see how it does on its actual OW.

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Don't think anyone has bothered to mention this and it might have sailed under the radar with everything else going on (plus no Pulse), but Dora has 4pm previews.  Because of course it does.

So add Paramount to the studios going for 4pm previews for properties aimed at a younger audience.

EDIT:: Looks like tickets officially went on sale Friday.  Not expecting much, but it'll be interesting to see how it does on its actual OW.

Mine doesn't appear to be running previews for it. They've got 5 shows up for Friday and none for Thursday. 6 tickets sold so far. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Mine doesn't appear to be running previews for it. They've got 5 shows up for Friday and none for Thursday. 6 tickets sold so far. 

Yeah, not everyone is up yet locally. Either that or they're not showing it on Thr.  And I wasn't expecting many sales this far out.  It's a small scale pure kids flick so I expect to be very low until much closer to release.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Porthos said:

To be fair, this actually makes more sense in summer.

6 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

So I guess @Porthos is now free until... It 2 tickets go up?

I think Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw will be just big enough to warrant a bit of tracking, but not anything that requires too much effort. @Porthos deserves a long break to just chat and be with the commoners. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

So I guess @Porthos is now free until... It 2 tickets go up?

I'm still tracking H&S on the downlow.  Right now it's only taking about 10 to 15 minutes though, so it might as well be free.

Deciding when/whether or not I make it a public track.  Might depend on how it does tonight locally.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I think Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw will be just big enough to warrant a bit of tracking, but not anything that requires too much effort. @Porthos deserves a long break to just chat and be with the commoners. :D

Jinx. ;)

Main prob with H&S is IF it's still tracking to opened decently (per Shawn last week suggested it is), it's tracking like no film I've tracked before.  As of last night it's still roughly 50% of Pika Pika and 40% of KotM at the same point in time.

If I do decide to make it a public track, I'll probably just put in Pika PIka and KotM comps (as the low ones I've tracked) and slap a YUGE Do Not Take This Seriously warning stamp on it and be done with it.

I do have a few days of Wick 3 at the very very end.  But that was at the very end, and it had that Atom deal boosting it, plus out of this world buzz. Not to mention being R rated.

Will say though that Wick 3 being the last big action flick (if a different type) might help H&S.  But if it does, it probably won't be until the last few days of pre-sales.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Jinx. ;)

Main prob with H&S is IF it's still tracking to opened decently (per Shawn last week suggested it is), it's tracking like no film I've tracked before.  As of last night it's still roughly 50% of Pika Pika and 40% of KotM at the same point in time.

If I do decide to make it a public track, I'll probably just put in Pika PIka and KotM comps (as the low ones I've tracked) and slap a YUGE Do Not Take This Seriously warning stamp on it and be done with it.

I do have a few days of Wick 3 at the very very end.  But that was at the very end, and it had that Atom deal boosting it, plus out of this world buzz. Plus R rated.

Will say though that Wick 3 being the last action thriller (if a different type) might help H&S.  But if it does, it probably won't be until the last few days of pre-sales.

Looks like H&S will be another adventure in pioneering, rather than just another day at the office in terms of tracking. Seems like you've been thrown a lot of curveballs and uncharted territories this year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Looks like H&S will be another adventure in pioneering, rather than just another day at the office in terms of tracking. Seems like you've been thrown a lot of curveballs and uncharted territories this year.

Apparently H&S is supposed to be far ahead of MI:6 (6m) and "slightly behind" FF8 (10.4m) as of the 12th.  I never bothered with MI:6 and FF8 was before my time as a tracker.  So if those films really did have light pre-sales before ramping up in the end, I haven't seen it personally.

If I cared enough, I might check MI:6's Pulse history to get some sense of its sales pattern.

SPOILER ALERT: I don't. :lol:

So just have to see if it really was worth it or not.  At least I'm not spending a lot of time on it. 👍

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Apparently H&S is supposed to be far ahead of MI:6 (6m) and "slightly behind" FF8 (10.4m) as of the 12th.  I never bothered with MI:6 and FF8 was before my time as a tracker.  So if those films really did have light pre-sales before ramping up in the end, I haven't seen it personally.

If I cared enough, I might check MI:6's Pulse history to get some sense of its sales pattern.

SPOILER ALERT: I don't. :lol:

So just have to see if it really was worth it or not.  At least I'm not spending a lot of time on it. 👍

No more reacts, but thanks as always Porthos!

(Yes I know I have to upgrade). I know it's not expensive but every dollar counts for me right now. Soon I'll be more flexible.

• Like 2