grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

Maleficent: Mistress of Evil Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-34 and Counting

Sellouts Showings Seats Sold Total Seats Perct Sold
TOTALS 0 21 46 5,753 0.80%

I don't have any comps for the time being (the only option I have is It 2, which...lol. The number's 1.6M btw). However, I do think this is a very mediocre start. Only a few theaters have actually sold anything, and three of them barely got into the double digits. Of course, it's more than a month away, so this is not a death sentence. But this should give some people pause.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Charlie's Angels Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-62 and Counting

TOTALS 0 20 6 6,584 0.09%

LOL. As it turns out, starting ticket sales for a no1curr movie doesn't give any exciting results. Of course, this isn't something to take very seriously, but might as well post it for the time being.

Should also mention that I might drop this movie. My own threshold is if tracking or BOP is suggesting a 40M OW is possible. At this point. Unfortunately, I won't know about that stuff until next week. I personally don't see it opening to 40M+, but might as well track it for the fun. But if BOP's range doesn't have 40M as a possibility, I'll just scrap it. I've got enough films to look at as is.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

43 minutes ago, Eric! said:

Maleficent: Mistress of Evil Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-34 and Counting

I don't have any comps for the time being (the only option I have is It 2, which...lol. The number's 1.6M btw). However, I do think this is a very mediocre start. Only a few theaters have actually sold anything, and three of them barely got into the double digits. Of course, it's more than a month away, so this is not a death sentence. But this should give some people pause.

There is no reason why Maleficent should have great pre-sales a month out. I still see it as a $45-50 million opener (Down 30% from the first one) once Disney marketing kicks in..

53 minutes ago, Eric! said:

I believe you have Hobbs and Shaw numbers that far out, no?  I was actually thinking it might not be a completely horrible comp given it has the exact number of pre-sales days (it also started at T-34) and shouldn't have many sales at first.  Also being a long delayed sequel could be somewhat analogous to to H&S's spinoff nature.

I was toying with doing a super quick look in Sacto in a couple of hours and compare it to the H&S number I have on hand.

7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I believe you have Hobbs and Shaw numbers that far out, no?  I was actually thinking it might not be a completely horrible comp given it has the exact number of pre-sales days (it also started at T-34) and shouldn't have many sales at first.  Also being a long delayed sequel could be somewhat analogous to to H&S's spinoff nature.

I was toying with doing a super quick look in Sacto in a couple of hours and compare it to the H&S number I have on hand.

I only have H&S up to day 31. H&S' presales started while Pulse was shut down, and I was in a waiting period, hoping Pulse would come back (still bitter!)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Eric! said:

I only have H&S up to day 31. H&S' presales started while Pulse was shut down

Ah, must have misremembered. Fair enuf. :)  Maybe I'll go ahead and do a one day check for shits-and-giggles anyway then.  I'll see how I feel around 10pm.

8 minutes ago, Eric! said:

and I was in a waiting period, hoping Pulse would come back (still bitter!)

It's not like I check the Fandango app each and every time there's an update on my iPad. No siree. That would be silly. 

*cough* :ph34r:

• Haha 2

Took a quick spin around Sacto and I think I'll hold off tracking it for now. I'll take another look closer to release to see where it's at.

Right now it's sold 47 tickets region wide, which would make it 85.45% of Hobbs and Shaw 's first day of sales (comping to 4.96m).  

Didn't do a full seat count where I recorded the seat information of every theater, so no fancy chart. But, maybe about expected? Especially for something nearly five weeks out?  More or less in line what I was expecting at least.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 9/13/2019 at 4:23 PM, Inceptionzq said:

Downton Abbey Thursday Night Showings Denver

AMC Westminster Promenade 24:

2D:

7 PM – 48/92(+2)

10 PM – 1/92

AMC Highlands Ranch 24:

Dolby:

7 PM – 65/210(+4)

Total from 8 theaters(14 showings): 210(+10)/1857(11.3%) 

Adjusted Hustlers comp: 4.9M

OUATiH comp: 3.7M

Downton Abbey Thursday Night Showings Denver

AMC Westminster Promenade 24:

2D:

7 PM – 49/92(+1)

10 PM – 3/92(+2)

AMC Highlands Ranch 24:

Dolby:

7 PM – 65/210

Total from 8 theaters(14 showings): 229(+19)/1857(12.3%)

Adjusted Hustlers comp: 4.46M

Pretty slow pace right now, but Hustlers sold 18 at the same point of presales. I don’t expect Downton Abbey to continue beating Hustlers though.

Edited by Inceptionzq
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

Downtown Abbey Thursday Night Showings Denver

Psst.  It's "Downton" Abbey. ;)

(I got that messed up all the time before I actually took a really close look at the name :lol:)

Edited by Porthos
Bah, Stupid floating "n"

9 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

Looks like you didn’t look close enough. It’s actually “Downton Abbey” 😂

Yeah, I was just coming to edit it back.  It's a really crazy name that always trips me up. 👍

At least I know not to call it Downtown anymore.  After that, it's about a 50/50 chance of remembering it right, :lol: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Yeah, I was just coming to edit it back.  It's a really crazy name that always trips me up. 👍

At least I know not to call it Downtown anymore.  After that, it's about a 50/50 chance of remembering it right, :lol: 

Just call it Fancy Entourage :D:

Are Joker tickets on sale yet?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1