grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

Downton Abbey's pre-sales for Friday are HUGE here (345+ tickets for the theatre I'm tracking, which is already higher than the Thursday final number). That being said, I don't know how good walk-ups are going to be, since the prime time showings are almost sold out. Still, this is very encouraging.

Rambo has meh pre-sales, but it ended up being pretty walk-up driven last night so we'll see. It also got added to the DBOX-included auditorium at a second theatre I track, so I'll be able to compare the two locations hopefully. 

Ad Astra's continuing to pace ahead of First Man, but I'll do an update later tonight on all 3 movies. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

I am still playing with this, and @TalismanRing and @A Star is Orm gave OW not Previews, so they will be worked into another spread sheet.  But for NOW:

Tracker Cap Cap @DAJK @Eric! @FlashMaster659 @Inceptionzq
Thread
Actual
Accuracy
Region LS13 SMCM Victoria Philadelphia Inland Empire Denver
Rambo 0.455 1.18 1.25 1.23 1.2 1.35 1.26 1.3 96.92%
Downton 1.65 N/A 2.15 1.64 1.3 1.93 1.734 2.1 82.56%
Ad Astra 2.68 N/A 1.35 1.29 1 1.9 1.644 1.5 91.24%

Edited by captainwondyful
fixed typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6

3 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

I am still playing with this, and @TalismanRing and @A Star is Orm gave OW not Previews, so they will be worked into another spread sheet.  But for NOW:

Thread
Actual
Accuracy
Rambo 0.455 1.18 2.15 1.23 1.2 1.35 1.26 1.3 94.61%
Downton 1.65 N/A 1.25 1.64 1.3 1.93 1.554 2.1 74%

think you have my Downton/Rambo numbers switched 

10 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Thread
Actual
Accuracy
Rambo 0.455 1.18 2.15 1.23 1.2 1.35 1.26 1.3 94.61%
Downton 1.65 N/A 1.25 1.64 1.3 1.93 1.554 2.1 74%

Very cool! I assumed I was out of luck when it came to being part of the database since I have been doing OW comps, but if there will also be a spread sheet for that, then make mine teal or silver if they haven't already been claimed!

Edited by A Star is Orm
typo
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Play no attention to the man behind the curtain!

(Fixed, thank you!!)

Wondering if maybe we should compile this data in a thread, providing weekly updates for how "BOT's Tracking" is comparing overall to other tracking metrics. To be fair, we could also just leave it in its own thread, where we will continue posting our own threatre reports, but it would be kinda nice to have a "BOT's Tracking" thread, a kind of place (one of a kind on the internet?) where, if our results end up being pretty accurate over many trials, we provide earlier data than available anywhere else for Thursday Preview #s (cause I mean deadline... come on). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Wondering if maybe we should compile this data in a thread, providing weekly updates for how "BOT's Tracking" is comparing overall to other tracking metrics. To be fair, we could also just leave it in its own thread, where we will continue posting our own threatre reports, but it would be kinda nice to have a "BOT's Tracking" thread, a kind of place (one of a kind on the internet?) where, if our results end up being pretty accurate over many trials, we provide earlier data than available anywhere else for Thursday Preview #s (cause I mean deadline... come on). 

I will say what I'm doing right now is going back through the thread and compiling all the data into a spreadsheet.  I will probably go back as far as Pulse Dying (#RIP) since that's when most people jumped on board.  

(Also - if people have their OWN spreadsheets with their past data, and want to forward them to me, that would quicken the process.)

I kiiiiinda of like everything together in this thread.  Maybe we could just pin some posts and have that be the overall post we update with final results?  

IDK.  What do other people think?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

I will say what I'm doing right now is going back through the thread and compiling all the data into a spreadsheet.  I will probably go back as far as Pulse Dying (#RIP) since that's when most people jumped on board.  

(Also - if people have their OWN spreadsheets with their past data, and want to forward them to me, that would quicken the process.)

I kiiiiinda of like everything together in this thread.  Maybe we could just pin some posts and have that be the overall post we update with final results?  

apologies, I do not have my own spreadsheet :( I also was very inactive in tracking over the summer back when I didn't live in Victoria, because I was more focused on the theatre where I worked and its numbers. 

9 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

I think it’s better to keep it all here. This thread is already pinned to the top anyways. 

And I’ll be able to send my data to you in a couple hours

Maleficent: Mistress of Evil Thursday Night Denver

AMC Westminster 24    
3D:    
7:30 PM 4 48
10:20 PM 3 48
2D:    
7:00 PM 11 158
10:05 PM 0 158

SEATS SOLD SOLD TODAY TOTAL SEATS PERCENT SOLD
42 1 3049

THEATERS SHOWINGS
7 23

Finally decided to change from Word to Excel to make my life easier.

Edited by Inceptionzq
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Maleficent: Mistress of Evil Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-27 and Counting

Sellouts Showings Seats Sold Total Seats Perct Sold
TOTALS 0 23 75 5,941 1.26%

Total Seats Sold Today: 6

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Victoria Update (quick post rather than putting in each individual number cause I'm in a huge rush)

Ad Astra is still ahead of First Man (not as significantly as it was last night) but I wouldn't expect its Friday # to come much below 7M

Rambo rebounded nicely, its Friday # so far (without late-night shows) is more than 3x its Thursday #, so extend that to about 4x by night's end and you get about 5.2M true Friday, 6.5M including previews.

Downton Continues to dominate, sold out all of its early evening shows and almost sold out its matinees. Late night shows will be dead but I wouldn't rule out that 10M+ true Friday sticking. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Inceptionzq said:

AMC Westminster 24    
3D:    
7:30 PM 4 48
2D:    
7:00 PM 11 158

SEATS SOLD SOLD TODAY TOTAL SEATS PERCENT SOLD
42 1 3049

THEATERS SHOWINGS
7 23

Finally decided to change from Word to Excel to make my life easier.

AMC Westminster 24    
3D:    
7:30 PM 5 48
2D:    
7:00 PM 12 158
Total 20 412

SEATS SOLD SOLD TODAY TOTAL SEATS PERCENT SOLD THEATERS SHOWINGS
46 4 3049 1.508691374 7 23
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Maleficent: Mistress of Evil Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-26 and Counting

Sellouts Showings Seats Sold Total Seats Perct Sold
TOTALS 0 23 78 5,941 1.31%

Total Seats Sold Today: 3

• Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

So how is Joker tracking @Porthos @Thanos Legion @captainwondyful @Eric @Menor

It’s not on sale yet. I think expected Monday is the last we’ve heard.    

Industry tracking is 77-87ish from most recent update.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

What:ph34r:

Isn't it too late for a CBM to go for pre-sales in USA.

Yeah, 11 day PS run will be very short for a CBM. Maybe another sign that they view it as more of a Oscar-y adult character drama than action blockbuster CBM fare.     

Or maybe they just think it will get more hype that way 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1