grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

On 4/2/2019 at 8:31 PM, VenomXXR said:

**UPDATE**

My 24 screen theater now has 40 showtimes for Thursday! That's 3 more than IW's final total. It was at 32 last night! :ohmyzod:

This is the day EG tickets went on sale. So it was at 32 before the release and 40 by the end of the night (finished at 50).

TROS is starting at 37 but I see more times that will be set (the first IMAX/Dolby time currently up isn't until 9:40pm, so I know they'll fill in at least 2 earlier show times for each PLF).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1

My child needs to grow up already. I offer movies all the time and she turns me down constantly. Ugh. Movie she wants to see, popcorn and candy. No daddy I want to play. Fine be  good child.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Xftg123 said:

What movies have you offered her? Have you tried any of the classics?

I've taken her to Peppa pig, My Little pony, Lion King live action, Lion King Original screening, beauty and the beast original screening, TS4, Aladdin live action etc. She loves documentaries lol. Her favorite is the Spirit bear of the rain forest.

• Like 1

Can one of you guys do me a favor? On Monday when the tickets go on sale (presumably) at 5 PM, I'm going to be at class and won't be back until 3 hours after the tickets have been on sale. I was hoping one of you guys could set up the 'total seats available' for each show and the region as a whole on my seat map once the tickets go on sale just in case any shows sell out before I get back (thus rendering me unable to see the number of seats in that theater). Whoever wants to do it, I'll email my Google Doc of the seat map to you on Monday before I head to class.

Edited by FlashMaster659

I probably won't have time, as I'll be scrambling locally myself, but I will note that if someone does this, they shouldn't need to count all the seats in case of a quick sellout.  Just getting the auditorium number for each showing should be good enough as then @FlashMaster659 can go back later and get the seats at different showings/days if there are indeed sellouts.

That's what I did for Endgame, for instance.  I ran a screen grabber and just grabbed all the auditorium numbers show by show by show and then went back later and "back filled" the seat count at my leisure. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I probably won't have time, as I'll be scrambling locally myself, but I will note that if someone does this, they shouldn't need to count all the seats in case of a quick sellout.  Just getting the auditorium number for each showing should be good enough as then @FlashMaster659 can go back later and get the seats at different showings/days if there are indeed sellouts.

That's what I did for Endgame, for instance.  I ran a screen grabber and just grabbed all the auditorium numbers show by show by show and then went back later and "back filled" the seat count at my leisure. 

Yeah auditorium number is all I need

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlashMaster659 said:

Can one of you guys do me a favor? On Monday when the tickets go on sale (presumably) at 5 PM, I'm going to be at class and won't be back until 3 hours after the tickets have been on sale. I was hoping one of you guys could set up the 'total seats available' for each show and the region as a whole on my seat map once the tickets go on sale just in case any shows sell out before I get back (thus rendering me unable to see the number of seats in that theater). Whoever wants to do it, I'll email my Google Doc of the seat map to you on Monday before I head to class.

I’ll help as much as I can. If someone else can help, I’ll start from the bottom of the doc in case they’re not done

• Like 2

Terminator: Dark Fate Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-12 and Counting

Sellouts Showings Seats Sold Total Seats Perct Sold
TOTALS 0 36 109 8,792

1.24%

Total Seats Sold Today: 3

Comp

0.136x of It: Chapter Two 12 days before release (1.42M)

Adjusted Comp

0.479x of Hobbs & Shaw 12 days before release (2.78M)

I was so tired last night that I still got this through, but didn't feel like posting. But tbh, we weren't missing much

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, FlashMaster659 said:

If its cinemark or AMC, I may have the data 🙂. But I am still not sure if my system will work for a PS juggernaut. if AMC is hammered I might get lots of errors rendering the data in accurate. Already my run is within 1% margin. WIth SW9 dont know what would the margin be.

BTW does the ticket sale go live at 5PM Eastern or Pacific?

2 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

Presumably 5PM Pacific. If not, it’ll go live closer to when the trailer drops

I wont be able to immediately do a run as I am offline till 7PM when I am back home. But I am already seeing show times listed(though the count should go up dramatically).

At Empire 25 it has Imax and Dolby but Prime is not listed. May be Jumanji keeps that PLF. Show counts at this point is less than even Joker !!! But its a busy time and so it aint coming close to Endgame in showtimes. Which means PS should spread out all the way till new year. I wonder if they will list tickets till new year. I will probably do a run for previews and OD tomorrow and next weekend spend time to run it till the date tickets are available :-). I am stopping all other tracking while I am looking at SW9.

I ran my script for AMC and I see 4103 shows for previews and 90 fan night even shows. Not bad but I would like to see lot more. I think this count should double by release date. I want to see at least 1.2 million seats sold in AMC and 500K+ in cinemark.

Edit: is it possible tickets sales are happening at the box office or for internal folks. I already see some tickets sold :-). Let me confirm the numbers soon.

Edited by keysersoze123
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 1