grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

@keysersoze123 A really good thing to call back to is that back in April during Endgame pre-sales, AMC had a meeting that revealed that Endgame sold $15M in pre-sales at their chain in the first 24 hours. So that would be a major data point you'd be able to look to when tracking TROS.

EDIT: Looking back at that report, it also reveals that it did +50% more than TFA and 3x A:IW, putting TFA at ~$10M and IW at ~$5M.

Edited by FlashMaster659
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

@keysersoze123 A really good thing to call back to is that back in April during Endgame pre-sales, AMC had a meeting that revealed that Endgame sold $15M in pre-sales at their chain in the first 24 hours. So that would be a major data point you'd be able to look to when tracking TROS.

Great. Good to know. That itself would be over million tickets sold !!!!! Probably 1.2m+ even with all Imax/PLF selling out. But that wont be just for previews. That would be spread across 1st weekend and even into tuesday and 2nd weekend.

• Like 1

I see showtimes listed for rest of the weekend.

Previews - 4103 + 90 fan events shows.

Friday - 4582

Saturday - 4594

Sunday.- 4463

These are really early and I see them doubling for sure. I will post pre PS ticket sales numbers tonight.

I am not able to pull in showtimes for Cinemark yet.

• Like 2

Terminator: Dark Fate Greater Philadelphia Area T-11 and Counting

Sellouts Showings Seats Sold Total Seats Perct Sold
TOTALS 0 36 120 8,792 1.36%

Total Seats Sold Today: 11

Comp

0.141x of It: Chapter Two 11 days before release (1.49M)

Adjusted Comp

0.483x of Hobbs & Shaw 11 days before release (2.80M)

Alright, good day. Hopefully the momentum continues this week and onwards. It's basically going to be crunch time these last 10 days, although TROS tickets could limit the sales a bit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

4 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Star War 9 Previews.

AMC - 15757/693312 (4103 shows)

This must be all in box office I presume. I am thinking OD can sell 100K+ tickets for sure. But i want to see the show count double as well.

Stupid question, but is your scraper smart enough to differentiate between unavailable seats and actually sold seats?  Because I know some theater chains don't differentiate between the two.

54 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Stupid question, but is your scraper smart enough to differentiate between unavailable seats and actually sold seats?  Because I know some theater chains don't differentiate between the two.

Yes. the tracker shows seats as available or unavailable. Anyway let us wait until tomorrow and I will run it once again after the sales open.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Doctor Sleep tickets went on sale last Thursday. For anyone checkinv presales, how's it doing so far? What are some mad comps?

If it isnt too much trouble :)

I just looked at NYC and it has 2 shows listed in.1 theater at AMC!!! Even Empire 25 or Lincoln Square do not have any shows. I am not sure its a movie worth tracking so far off. May be during the release week we will see some action.

Edit: did a quick run at 2 chains.

AMC - 985/67126 (371 shows)
Cin - 464/57889(396 shows)

I dont think I have seen fewer shows or lower numbers so far but my data is limited. Plus I did not see any PLF. so its looking like 11k $ worth of PS in 1/3rd national market. Its too early to make any prediction beyond that PS won’t be helping it that much.

Edited by keysersoze123
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

For those wondering abuot star wars in toronto...nothing on cineplex site yet for ticket sales.

For those wondering about terminator really no difference from last post. Apparently reviews out tomorrow(?) so ill post terminator update tomorrow. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

If anyone is tracking Regal theaters for TROS, you can check the auditorium number it is playing in by trying to purchase a ticket.  It won't actually let you purchase yet, but this is a way to pre-get the auditorium number in case of fast sellouts as it is on the ticket purchase window. 

Not a huge concern for most, but for folks checking multiple theaters, it might help.  Thinking @FlashMaster659's theaters for instance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Porthos said:

If anyone is tracking Regal theaters for TROS, you can check the auditorium number it is playing in by trying to purchase a ticket.  It won't actually let you purchase yet, but this is a way to pre-get the auditorium number in case of fast sellouts as it is on the ticket purchase window. 

Not a huge concern for most, but for folks checking multiple theaters, it might help.  Thinking @FlashMaster659's theaters for instance.

Doesn’t Fandango let you do that for any theater?

4 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

Doesn’t Fandango let you do that for any theater?

Sure, but they're greyed out on Fandango right now (meaning you can't select it at all), but not on Regal. :)

I'm basically mentioning this to folks who want to knock out auditorium numbers early.  I just did about a third of the Sacto area thanks to this, for instance. :)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Offer to dream house accepted!!

Hope you didn't put yourself in the poor house in the process!  :o

That is to say, congratulations. :bravo:

Prob should continue this in the CC thread, but I wanted to give a quick reply.

Keeping this on topic, I'll consider this a great omen for TROS tonight! :ph34r: :lol: 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Hope you didn't put yourself in the poor house in the process!  :o

That is to say, congratulations. :bravo:

Prob should continue this in the CC thread, but I wanted to give a quick reply.

Keeping this on topic, I'll consider this a great omen for TROS tonight! :ph34r: :lol: 

Lol oh yeah. TROS 800+ DOM MILLION CHOO CHOO.

And while expensive it was 65k under the max I was willing to spend. I consider that a win.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1