grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

22 minutes ago, Xftg123 said:

Other than the presales for Rise Of Skywalker, are you guys going to also check in on the ticket presales for Frozen 2?

giphy.gif

===

Not to speak for them, but I'm expecting most of the trackers here to post on it, if not every day for some.  That it'll only have 18 days of pre-sales will greatly help.  Means not too many days of double dipping it and TROS. ;)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

So everything at Lincoln Square is all screwed up. Atom is only showing two screenings in IMAX, both sold out. The AMC website is only showing one screening in IMAX, sold out. No standards, no Dolbys. 🤔

either way, I got my ticket, so woot!  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Porthos said:

giphy.gif

===

Not to speak for them, but I'm expecting most of the trackers here to post on it, if not every day for some.  That it'll only have 18 days of pre-sales will greatly help.  Means not too many days of double dipping it and TROS. ;)

Plus November will be the “slow down” period for Star Wars due to most of the premium seats already being gone. And it has an additional month of pre-sales after Frozen II to track. So will still have plenty of Star Wars data to comp out, even if we have to kinda shift focus a little! 

• Like 2

So first pull has 1456 shows at AMC. Let us see how fast this grows. With just 16 days it will ramp up fast. BTW when did PS start. AMC wont work for a while as requests gets queued for a while.

Cinemark Previews: 7196/379399 $87904 (2363 shows). No sellouts(in fact no show has sold more than 9 tickets but its really early).

No comparisons except SW9 and that is not a good comparison for this movie.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

So first pull has 1456 shows at AMC. Let us see how fast this grows. With just 16 days it will ramp up fast. BTW when did PS start. AMC wont work for a while as requests gets queued for a while.

Cinemark Previews: 7196/379399 $87904 (2363 shows). No sellouts(in fact no show has sold more than 9 tickets but its really early).

They started at 6 AM PST

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My 2 12s are not expecting an enormous Thursday preview number for Frozen 2 - each starts with just 6 showings (1 3d, 5 2d at one and 2 3d, 4 2d at the other).  Not a surprise since it's a school night, but there are a lot of adult female fans for Frozen...for now, they are also only preselling TWO screens (10 shows each) for Friday/Saturday.  Now, if that number stays, that would be a shock...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I only did a check for my main theater (will do a full area check on Thursday) and Frozen 2 is starting with two showtimes: a regular and one 3D. Regular showing has already sold 70 tickets out of 142. The 3D in comparison has sold 4/162. 

A few months ago I noticed a trend at this theater where they start light with regular showings if the film is also in 3D in order to get people to buy the 3D tickets. So I don’t imagine any new showtimes at this theater for Thursday night until the 3D showing starts selling. But regardless this is a very very strong start so far for this particular theater. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Upto 11386/379399 140617.00 and so its selling just about 2000 tickets per hour at Cinemark. Could end up around 25k for Day 1. Menor had right data for SW9 and that sold around 130K. No other comparisons 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

One theater I tracked closely for TLK till Joker was AMC Empire 25.

Initial number for Frozen
Dolby - 83/225(6PM), 49/225(845PM)
Imax - 54/303(630PM), 15/303(915PM)
2D - 5/377(7PM), 3/377(945PM)
Total: 209/1810 $4853

Joker sold over 1000 tickets on day 1. I am thinking Dolby 6PM will be near sellout and strong sales at Dolby 845PM and 630PM Imax. 2D will start slow. Surprising it did not get Prime or any 3D shows.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Upto 11386/379399 140617.00 and so its selling just about 2000 tickets per hour at Cinemark. Could end up around 25k for Day 1. Menor had right data for SW9 and that sold around 130K. No other comparisons 🙂

is this good for the first day ?

Just now, john2000 said:

is this good for the first day ?

This will be a blockbuster and so this is a big number. But no comparisons as only movies I tracked are either not a blockbuster or SW9 which is more fan driven than F2 will be. As I said that sold like 130K tickets on day 1.

Good news is Cinemark show numbers are very good. Also 85% of SW9 level. Only AMC has been quite conservative in allocating shows. Even huge plex like AMC Empire 25. In fact AMC Metreon in SF(2nd biggest Imax in the country) does not even have previews!!! I only see shows listed for friday.

• Thanks 1

No need to worry about the weak early presales. Frozen 2 is an animation + female oriented which means less rush for tickets. also it’s not long awaited like Incredibles 2. Besides I think the release date contributes some effects too. I mean a good amount of people will probably watch this on thanksgiving holiday with their families on the midweek. If anything , legs will be the key factor here just like the first Frozen.