grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

It is going to be REALLY interesting watching Frozen 2's numbers this coming week. They seem "okay" right now but nothing spectacular. Considering the cultural phenomenon the first one was and the anticipation for this one, I'd think the numbers would be quite a bit bigger.

Still hoping for a $140 million OW. Not sure if that is possible.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

@keysersoze123 and @Menor What's Frozen 2 AMC and Cinemark combined number so far, 7 Days Out, wanna estimate 7 days out North America. 

493k tickets sold for OW, probably 550-600k overall depending on how big Thanksgiving and Black Friday sales are.

• Thanks 2

Malef2 did as much as 16x the previews over ow so even 0.9m wouldn't be bad for CA. Would keep it on track for 14-16m, 40m odd dom wih 48m prod budget.

Close to 2m would be very good for FvF as it has strong wom on it's side and just needs a decent enough push to launch ahead.

Edited by a2k

19 minutes ago, Menor said:

493k tickets sold for OW, probably 550-600k overall depending on how big Thanksgiving and Black Friday sales are.

That's like $6.5mn approx for weekend or roughly $18-20mn Nationwide. Outstanding. What was I2 or BaTB numbers by @Deep Wang

I guess @TalismanRing or @ZeeSoh has the picture.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Care to explain?

Exactly what I said. Trackers and others have tried telling you that you are wrong and that your negativity is off and you wont listen. Its like having a proverbial eeyore. Youve just swapped from yipping about ROS to Frozen. 

• Knock It Off 1

31 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

That's like $6.5mn approx for weekend or roughly $18-20mn Nationwide. Outstanding. What was I2 or BaTB numbers by @Deep Wang

I guess @TalismanRing or @ZeeSoh has the picture.

On 6/13/2018 at 8:01 AM, Deep Wang said:

Well, no idea about comps, but I2 was at 4m yesterday.  Seems alright for an animated movie?

4M for I2 the Tuesday of release.

Deep Wang only has AMC numbers, right? Just for the weekend, Frozen 2 has almost 247K tickets from keysersoze123’s data.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

4M for I2 the Tuesday of release.

Woah. That's huge for Frozen 2. 

13 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

Deep Wang only has AMC numbers, right? Just for the weekend, Frozen 2 has almost 247K tickets from keysersoze123’s data.

I thought he had Regal. Anyways, even if, going by Key's number, that's like $3.4mn, with coverage of just 80%, reaching $4.25mn. This is 7 days out compared to $4mn of I2 2 Days Out. Crazy.

Even if considered that 2 years pre-sales frontloadedness, F2 may be even double of I2 by Tuesday.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Exactly what I said. Trackers and others have tried telling you that you are wrong and that your negativity is off and you wont listen. Its like having a proverbial eeyore. Youve just swapped from yipping about ROS to Frozen. 

That's about as effective as a wooden penny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Frozen II Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-7 and Counting

Sellouts Showings Seats Sold Total Seats Perct Sold
TOTALS 0 71 1,142 16,112 7.09%

Total Seats Sold Today: 85

Comp

7.274x of Maleficent 8 days before release (16.73M)

Adjusted Comp

0.332x of Lion King (7.65M)

Doesn't really feel like Philly got a review bump, since it's only a 4-ticket increase from Wednesday. But it's doing well elsewhere and it could have gotten that bump on the actual weekend...so whatever

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-35 and Counting

Sellouts Showings Seats Sold Total Seats Perct Sold
TOTALS 1 165 8,402 29,108 28.86%

Total Seats Sold Today: 43

Comp

4.417x of Once Upon’s final count (25.62M)

2.425x of It: Chapter Two (25.47M)

1.711x of Joker (22.76M)

Adjusted Comp

0.705x of Lion King (16.22M)

3.347x of Hobbs & Shaw (19.41M)

ngl the seats for today were a lot more than I expected. Thought it was going to stick around in the 20s. That's not a bad thing. Don't think it means anything for the future, but hopefully we're getting a closer ramp up to release than expected

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Jedi Jat said:

@keysersoze123 and @Menor What's Frozen 2 AMC and Cinemark combined number so far, 7 Days Out, wanna estimate 7 days out North America. 

3 hours ago, Menor said:

I will try to get numbers beyond OW this weekend. But Menor may not be that far off.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Inland Empire Area Premiere Night Seat Report: T-35 Days

Sellouts

Showings

Seats Sold

Total Seats

Seats Left

Perct Sold

TOTALS

23.57%

Total Sellouts Removed: 1

Total Seats Sold Today: 58

Edited by FlashMaster659
  • Like 1