grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

If Annabelle opens to $30M+ there's a good chance it could stay at number one for 3 weeks. 

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Nah IMO, Hitman's Bodyguard is doing 30M+ next weekend

I think Hitman's Bodyguard will do $18-25m OW August 25th and September 1st are really dire that HBG will be number 1 for three weeks by default.

6 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Nah IMO, Hitman's Bodyguard is doing 30M+ next weekend

You think so? I think it'll be lucky to hit $15M. I don't see any hype for it at all and I'm someone who is hyped for the film lol 

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I think Hitman's Bodyguard will do $18-25m OW August 25th and September 1st are really dire that HBG will be number 1 for three weeks by default.

Crossing my fingers that that's the case. But I don't see it happening, to be honest lol I mean it could hit $18M which is around the $15M, I have it for right now but unless interest doesn't start to get generated for it, I don't see how it has a $15M+ opening 

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

@CJohn HOLY FUCK :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: 

Holy sweet jesus lmao, what is the source of that info? I mean, the movie has to go over 10M OW now...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Holy sweet jesus lmao, what is the source of that info? I mean, the movie has to go over 10M OW now...

The Deadline prediction article. 

And does it have to go over $10M. 

Maybe itll set some records. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

It might set some records that will take a VERY long time to break...

Good. 

Its what it deserves. I don't even know what Nut Job One is about. Didn't even know it existed until I saw Nut Job 2 was coming out on the release schedule. 

Although sucks for Open Road. Another disaster film on their hands. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

The Deadline prediction article. 

And does it have to go over $10M. 

Maybe itll set some records. 

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Deadline's article - it's right there in black and white...it's absolutely insane!

Thanks to both.

My guess is that it is a one week deal in many theaters. Might shed theaters on weekend 2.

• Like 1

That Nut Job theatre count just shows that theatres are always desperate for a new animated movie. DESPICABLE ME 3 is legging it out big time, but obviously they want something new to keep accomdating children and families, which is why tons of theatres scooped up THE EMOJI MOVIE no problem.

• Like 1