grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

Dolittle Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-21 and Counting

Sellouts Showings Seats Sold Total Seats Perct Sold
TOTALS 0 24 29 5,480 0.53%

Total Seats Sold Today: 0

Comp

0.299x of Maleficent (688K)

Before everyone asks, yes I know Deadline's tracking for Dolittle is poor. Yes I know they have Bad Boys at 40M+. But two things.

1. Bad Boys only has two theaters so far, so it's kind of a waste at the moment.

2. I'm going to wait until BOP's projections tomorrow to determine what to do with both movies. I like using their stuff as an indicator more IMO.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

4 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Get better soon (and stay in bed, drink lots of fluids, and just stream buckets of movies!:)

Thank you! I plan to do all of that, especially the buckets of movies part. Actually watching last year's Girl in the Spider's Web that bombed. Yeah, I know....but morbid curiosity because I'm a huge fan of the books. Long story short, I can see why it bombed.

• Like 1

As I was mentioning off thread to cap, I haven't swanned off to Ahch-To. :)  Just don't feel like engaging in any of the TROS discourse right now.  Had my fill of it after the past two years.

Also, kinda boring right now Tracking wise.  I'll probably be around more later though once there's something interesting too look at)

(also, kinda freaking out in the Mando thread right now :ph34r:)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Because one Disney film didn't make it in?

no , in general , just dont believe that we should take this list seriously, thats all, i think its a fun list, but nothing more

Edited by john2000
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Fandango just released their most anticipated of 2020 poll results

Most Anticipated Movie:

“Wonder Woman 1984”

“Black Widow”

Marvel’s “Eternals”

“Mulan”

“No Time to Die”

“A Quiet Place 2”

“Birds of Prey”

“In the Heights”

Pixar’s “Soul”

“Fast & Furious 9”

Last years list. Gives a very good idea of the top WW. Frozen 2 is the only one that was missing.

1. “Avengers: Endgame”

2. “Captain Marvel”

3. “Star Wars: Episode IX”

4. “Spider-Man: Far from Home”

5. “Toy Story 4”

6. “Glass”

7. “The Lion King”

8. “Aladdin”

9. “Dumbo”

10. “Joker”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, john2000 said:

no , in general , just dont believe that we should take this list seriously, thats all, i think its a fun list, but nothing more

This list is somewhat accurate though. All the films in last year's list except for 2 made it into the top 10 highest grossing films of the year and the only films not in last year's list but it made it into the top 10 highest grossing are Jumanji 2 (its 100% crossing IT) and Frozen 2. But they also released later in the year.

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Because one Disney film didn't make it in?

Fandango's most anticipated list has a bad track record when it comes to box office results. This is even more so the case with animated movies (Incredibles 2 was behind JWFK, Deadpool and Solo in 2018's list). Also in that same list Oceans 8, A Wrinkle in Time and Dark Phoenix (at the time had a Nov 2nd 2018 release date) made the list, while Ralph Breaks the Internet, Hotel Trans and The Grinch did not. Frozen 2 didn't even make the list for 2019, whereas Glass was ranked 6th (coming in even higher than The Lion King!)

Superhero movies are always ranked highest in Fandango's lists, so I wouldn't put that much stock in their placement either 

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

This list is somewhat accurate though. All the films in last year's list except for 2 made it into the top 10 highest grossing films of the year and the only films not in last year's list but it made it into the top 10 highest grossing are Jumanji 2 (its 100% crossing IT) and Frozen 2. But they also released later in the year.

Its a pretty poor track record. How hard was it to predict the success of Infinity War and Endgame (both ranked number one in the past two years lists)? It gives a sense for what movies people are excited for I guess, but its a very crude metric

1 minute ago, Justin4125 said:

Its a pretty poor track record. How hard was it to predict the success of Infinity War and Endgame (both ranked number one in the past two years lists)? It gives a sense for what movies people are excited for I guess, but its a very crude metric

i am out of likes, but that was my point

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Justin4125 said:

I'm not looking at where they rank but if they get into the list at all. I think it's a very good sign if a movie that releases in the fall makes into the list and doesn't mean much if a film that releases early in the year (like Glass and A Wrinkle in Time) makes it in. Yeah, the list is probably less credible for animated films but that doesn't mean the list doesn't give an idea of which films will make it into the top 10 and which won't. Right now, I only see Birds of Prey and A Quiet Place 2 (the earliest releasing films in that list) not making it into the top 10 which could easily be filled up by Onwards and Minions 2.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Thanks 1