grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

40 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

It’s actually not that mysterious at this point. We’ve seen the same story play out in several countries now. 

I was listening to Macrovoices Podcast(its about Macro Economy) and that guy said its going 10 fold every 13 days. So it takes 13 days to go from 10 -> 100 and same for every 10 fold increase. 

Only Us is safe as we can keep count low by not testing at all. 😞

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I was listening to Macrovoices Podcast(its about Macro Economy) and that guy said its going 10 fold every 13 days. So it takes 13 days to go from 10 -> 100 and same for every 10 fold increase. 

Only Us is safe as we can keep count low by not testing at all. 😞

Or not.

Image result for us movie gif

6 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Does Disney ever release attendance of their theme parks? I wonder what sort of trends you'd see in Disneyland/World attendance...

FWIW there was an article on Deadline earlier that said Broadway attendance this past week hasn't seen much of a dip either so I'm guessing the parks are in a similar situation where the numbers are steady enough to not notice a difference.

Edited by filmlover

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

FWIW there was an article on Deadline earlier that said Broadway attendance this past week hasn't seen much of a dip either so I'm guessing the parks are in a similar situation where the numbers are steady enough to not notice a difference.

I would say local folks would go but people wont plan vacation to fly to orlando or LA. But people need to be entertained and so theme parks wont be empty.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Fast and the Furiosa said:

Bloodshot and The Hunt seemed pretty DOA, I Still believe could end up a mid teens opener though 

a good chunk of the I Still Believe crowd don't think this virus is a big deal anyways :lol: 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Bloodstorm is not a big deal, it was always a minor release anyway, 

But we have some real biggies coming up where the stakes will be higher.

It's such a small deal that you forgot what it was even called

13 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I would say local folks would go but people wont plan vacation to fly to orlando or LA. But people need to be entertained and so theme parks wont be empty.

This sorta applies to movie theaters as well (since all of these places are public spots). I imagine anyone who has genuinely been looking forward to either A Quiet Place Part II or Mulan isn't gonna suddenly drop everything because of the fear going around. Considering the disease has been having the worst effects on the elderly so far, I'd be more worried that movies targeting that crowd such as Emma. would be impacted but there isn't anything targeting older audiences opening for a while, at least not until movies like The High Note and The Woman in the Window in May.

It's just that this weekend's drop of movies are looking like a doomed bunch that wouldn't be getting any help regardless of the environment lol.

• Like 1

A Quiet Place Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-10 and Counting

Sellouts Showings Seats Sold Total Seats Perct Sold
TOTALS 0 45 203 11,049 1.84%

Total Seats Sold Today: 24

Comp

0.234x of It: Chapter Two 10 days before release (2.46M)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Mulan Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-17 and Counting

TOTALS 0 46 184 9,423 1.95%

Total Seats Sold Today: 10

Comp

1.600x of Maleficent 17 days before release (3.68M)

0.440x of Frozen II (3.74M)

Adjusted Comp

0.082x of Lion King (1.89M)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

F9 Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-73 and Counting

TOTALS 0 52 398 12,658 3.14%

Total Seats Sold Today: 0

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

Honestly, if Mulan bombs, I really couldn't care less. 2020 is already going to be considered a write-off for the box office (so hopefully no doom and gloom shouting THE END OF HOLLYWOOD since we're already expecting this). Sure the movie might be great, but especially when I'm not invested in a sequel, I've gotten used to the hurt I feel when I movie I love bombs or underperforms. 

Plus, I always get a little kick out of Disney getting a slap in the face (or their wallet). 

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Honestly, if Mulan bombs, I really couldn't care less. 2020 is already going to be considered a write-off for the box office (so hopefully no doom and gloom shouting THE END OF HOLLYWOOD since we're already expecting this). Sure the movie might be great, but especially when I'm not invested in a sequel, I've gotten used to the hurt I feel when I movie I love bombs or underperforms. 

Plus, I always get a little kick out of Disney getting a slap in the face (or their wallet). 

If Mulan bomb, it will mostly because of Coronavirus.

It also won't be THE END OF HOLLYWOOD. If Mulan bomb, many big films will be delayed (until Coronavirus outbreak is over.)