grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

2020 box office may be gone, period. with all the warnings to expect a second wave of the virus in Autumn....

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I see you are unaware that the CDC is predicting a second wave of the virus in the fall.....

On 3/31/2020 at 3:26 PM, dudalb said:

CDC is fully expecting a second wave of the virus in the fall. Dr Fauci just issued another warning this morning.

So look for another round of theater closuers in October or November.

Hey, do you think that a second wave is going to happen this fall?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Every presale run since has been small. I don’t know if we’ll get a big one in the next 15 months even. 

TROS was very big by any standard. It only seemed small because of Endgame and the franchise it was in. Regardless, I'm pretty confident nothing in the next couple of years will match it.

Edited by Menor
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Menor said:

TROS was very big by any standard. It only seemed small because of Endgame and the franchise it was in. Regardless, I'm pretty confident nothing in the next couple of years will match it.

Ah, that’s right. I was thinking TLK had the biggest opening but was more on the big side of medium, but forgot about SW PS heaviness.

Well Last of Us 2 just got delayed indefinitely due to Corona. Makes sense. Even if it is perhaps the most anticipated game in a long, long time probably not the best move to release a game about a global pandemic while a global pandemic is going on in real life.

12 minutes ago, Menor said:

Eh...Thor is popular but not at that level, at least in the USA. If anything BP2 has a better chance.

Anyways I time travel the thread, Wang number after 2 days was 1.8mn for CM and 2mn for Black Panther. We have TROS 24 hours at 6mn while EG at 15mn.

Well unlikely any film come anywhere close anytime soon.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Anyways I time travel the thread, Wang number after 2 days was 1.8mn for CM and 2mn for Black Panther. We have TROS 24 hours at 6mn while EG at 15mn.

Well unlikely any film come anywhere close anytime soon.

The only thing i can see is if Avengers 5 comes in 2023ish and has a short ps window. But that seems a bit early to me.

20 hours ago, Eric Lightfoot said:

Hey, do you think that a second wave is going to happen this fall?

I would say the odds are in favor of it.

And almost all medical experts say that.

39 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Frankly, 2020 was already looking to be a fairly underwhelming year for big event movies, so there probably weren’t going to be any big record breakers anyway. 

BB4L lowest #1 DOM of the century. Big Willie still breaking box office records.