grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

On 9/7/2020 at 9:45 PM, Eric #RIPChadwick said:

The Broken Hearts Gallery Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-3 and Counting

Sellouts Showings Seats Unavailable Total Seats? % Unavailable
TOTALS 0 12 13 555 2.34%

Total Showings Added Today: 2

Total Seats Added Today: 57

Total Seats Sold Today: 4

Comps

0.041x of New Mutants 3 days before release (3.07K)

...why am I doing this?

That's a shame. I'm actually really looking forward to this film.

18 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

@keysersoze123 seems like WB won't be giving us any daily numbers. we are looking at you mate. 

Sorry. I stopped tracking. The numbers were not interesting. I can look again tomorrow but its too small to extrapolate. With big markets closed shared of the MTC is lower. if California and New York opens then it gets interesting. I am hoping the next big budget movie is more interesting to track. But post Tenet I am thinking studios will push back on their blockbuster. I would not release Wonder Woman 2 next month for sure. Move it to next spring hoping things are better. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Eric #RIPChadwick said:

The Broken Hearts Gallery Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-2 and Counting

TOTALS 0 16 11 663 1.66%

Total Showings Added Today: 4

Total Seats Added Today: 108

Total Seats Sold Today: -2

Yeah, we're fucked.

The Broken Hearts Gallery Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-1 and Counting

TOTALS 0 16 10 663 1.51%

Total Seats Sold Today: -1

Well at least I don't have to worry about this stuff for a while

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The Broken Hearts Gallery looks pleasant but it's the kind of movie that would find a wider audience via Netflix than it would in theaters even in a normal climate. Then again, it's mostly opening in theaters because they are starving for content, especially as the blockbusters are likely about to finally throw in the towel on 2020.

Going to theaters is all I have, this is making me so sad. Every Thursday night was like a therapy session and I miss it. I thankfully and safely got to experience New Mutants and Tenet. With Wonder Woman moving, I have nothing to look forward to. Hopefully the Nov releases stay but...

Maybe Kajillionaire will expand here when it opens and I can see. But I’m not risking everything for Broken Hearts Gallery. I just want this all to be ok

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I was curious how Tenet was holding up in my theatre heading into its third weekend up here. A quick peak through shows a total of 12 tickets sold across 32 showings (under 1% of already restricted capacity). 

This is just outside of Toronto, and cases are rising here, so maybe this is caution setting in, but, I'm very curious to see what type of hold Tenet has this weekend. 

On 9/9/2020 at 6:06 PM, charlie Jatinder said:

Yeah we won't have anything till November at very least.

I hope you track for weekends atleast @keysersoze123

I will update this evening for sure. 

Tenet Day 7

MTC1 - 10055/360027 109K (2237 shows) 

MTC2 -  7483/261987 75K (1830 shows)

Tenet was down 67% in MTC1 from Monday(Labor day) numbers and 70% in MTC2 from Labor day numbers. Let us see how friday numbers are. I am expecting smaller increase considering weekdays were not that much depressed like it is normally in September post Labor Day. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Moderation

We're not gonna allow this kind of rude, dickish behavior in here. You don't have to like each other, and you are more than free to clal people out for their behavior or statements. I know I have many times in the past. However, being a condescending asshole or telling somebody they are "a cancer" is beyond disrespectful and immature behavior. If you can't handle being nice to somebody, then get out of here. Because this website is better without your posts.

Also, if you really can't stand a guy's posts, hit the "Ignore User" button. You'll make things so much better for me, the forum, and yourself. That's all I have to say on the matter.

• Like 2

What happened @Eric #RIPChadwick

7 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Tenet Day 7

MTC1 - 10055/360027 109K (2237 shows) 

MTC2 -  7483/261987 75K (1830 shows)

Tenet was down 67% in MTC1 from Monday(Labor day) numbers and 70% in MTC2 from Labor day numbers

Seems like $625k US only. 

Expecting $1.5mn Friday at least.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

I read somewhere that MTC2 can survive with 10% occupancy, this is doing 6% on a Friday that too with lower theatre share in gross. 

TENET may play for months but if occupancy gonna stay at this level, they better close or do like only prime time show. That won't help fixed cost but may help variable cost and increase occupancy a bit.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Some of the studios are apparently agreeing with each other to only release one figure a week, on a Sunday

WB will do this with Tenet. Sony are doing the same with Broken Hearts Gallery. 

Some studios are frustrated. 

I mean for many countries like UK we already have that system in media but let's hope they atleast keep doing that and not completely shut it down.