grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

2 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

Is that Come Play movie still opening? I’m surprised that and Freaky are still going ahead, I suspect Freaky may get pull if Come Play does terrible.

It's one of those AMC Exclusive Universal/Focus titles that will be available on VOD within 2-3 weeks.

13 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

So, is anybody buying tickets to see The Empty Man? lol

I don't know - my local Cinemark (since my Regal closed), has not sold any seats Friday...but every private watch party for the weekend is sold out.  Now, my area is very cautious, but very low spread, so I could see folks buying to see the movie for themselves and not sharing...or not...

PS - My local cinema has now moved to F-Sun only, and Fr is only 6/7 and 9/10 pm showings (and Sun showings stop at 7pm)...with that said, 3 of its 12 screens are now dedicated to watch private parties,,, so they are at least making sustaining revenue on them with their "sellouts"...(5, 9, and 7 showings respectively does given them $2100 if they are all old movies or $3200 if they are not, even before concessions, which I suspect are bought for these things)...

PPS - My other Cinemark, which is still 7 day, has slightly longer hours, has its private watch parties also on 3 screens...and is also sold out through the weekend.  They could probably both increase those parties to 4 screens and still sell all of them.  It gives me hope I'll still have Cinemarks here when the dust settles...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

I took a look through my local Cinemark and the sales for Christmas Day at least are...not insignificant. Not huge, but there may be some numbers here worth tracking. But anything I can get would require some time after my finals are done and I can adjust the scraper to account for Covid unavailables. 

Edited by Menor

13 hours ago, Menor said:

I took a look through my local Cinemark and the sales for Christmas Day at least are...not insignificant. Not huge, but there may be some numbers here worth tracking. But anything I can get would require some time after my finals are done and I can adjust the scraper to account for Covid unavailables. 

Is there early shows today. Anyway with Cal theaters closed, I expect overall numbers to be insignificant. 

Anyway more than BO Buzz, there is buzz around Disney the company. Stock is up like 13% today. Its behaving like a tech stock !!!! 

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Is there early shows today. Anyway with Cal theaters closed, I expect overall numbers to be insignificant. 

Anyway more than BO Buzz, there is buzz around Disney the company. Stock is up like 13% today. Its behaving like a tech stock !!!! 

I thought it opened on Christmas. But yeah, market closures will make the numbers tiny even if the occupancy rate is somewhat ok. 

Edited by Menor

6 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

The description for why the stock is moving on TD Ameritrade is pretty funny

The Walt Disney shares are trading higher after the company reported a total of 137 million global paid subscribers. The company also announced an exclusive deal with the Kardashians to create new global content on Hulu and Star.

Yes, the prospects of the Kardashians are one of the main reasons the stock is rocketing :hahaha:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Those are the 2017 movie, not 2020 sequel. Got a rerelease in advance.

• Like 1

Just now, WandaLegion said:

Those are the 2017 movie, not 2020 sequel. Got a rerelease in advance.

Damn it. You are right. I just saw Wondy and assumed it was new one. Its not doing badly selling 1056 tickets today at MTC1. Missed opportunity by WB to just releasing it on HBO max. That is not going to help the platform long term(you need lots of content and movies are a sideshow for it). They could have rather auctioned of the movie letting netflix/amazon bid for streaming. 

• Like 1