grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

1 hour ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

NY opening to help or be another dud do we reckon? 

Without NYC probably won’t be that noticeable. 

7 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

What's the latest on this? Jan 2021? 

🤷‍♂️

All up to the vagaries of fate, winter, NYC resident behavior, Cuomo, BDB, etc. 

• Thanks 1

Is that Come Play movie still opening? I’m surprised that and Freaky are still going ahead, I suspect Freaky may get pull if Come Play does terrible.

2 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

Is that Come Play movie still opening? I’m surprised that and Freaky are still going ahead, I suspect Freaky may get pull if Come Play does terrible.

It's one of those AMC Exclusive Universal/Focus titles that will be available on VOD within 2-3 weeks.

13 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

So, is anybody buying tickets to see The Empty Man? lol

I don't know - my local Cinemark (since my Regal closed), has not sold any seats Friday...but every private watch party for the weekend is sold out.  Now, my area is very cautious, but very low spread, so I could see folks buying to see the movie for themselves and not sharing...or not...

PS - My local cinema has now moved to F-Sun only, and Fr is only 6/7 and 9/10 pm showings (and Sun showings stop at 7pm)...with that said, 3 of its 12 screens are now dedicated to watch private parties,,, so they are at least making sustaining revenue on them with their "sellouts"...(5, 9, and 7 showings respectively does given them $2100 if they are all old movies or $3200 if they are not, even before concessions, which I suspect are bought for these things)...

PPS - My other Cinemark, which is still 7 day, has slightly longer hours, has its private watch parties also on 3 screens...and is also sold out through the weekend.  They could probably both increase those parties to 4 screens and still sell all of them.  It gives me hope I'll still have Cinemarks here when the dust settles...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1