grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I'm totally not going to be surprised if like half of my theater's screens are sharing movies over the next couple of weeks. How the fuck will they know what to get rid of when they're all selling the same? :rofl: 

Selling what exactly? I saw NOTHING. Might as well close down the theaters. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm totally not going to be surprised if like half of my theater's screens are sharing movies over the next couple of weeks. How the fuck will they know what to get rid of when they're all selling the same? :rofl: 

I can see this happening easily. They will just keep a few shows of each for the interested people that could show up. The TC drops will be way smaller than usual as well for the next two weeks.

• Like 1

Just now, CJohn said:

Annabelle and Dunkirk have sold nothing? Yeah, time to close theaters and send everyone home to rest until IT. The Detroit one is random af. Probably an older couple who doesn't go much to the theater and doesn't know it won't sold out :lol:

The total of both LL and THB seems ok I guess.

Dunkirk has died a lot over the past week. It's only been selling low to mid singles for most shows, and it didn't do anything insane last weekend. Like, I honestly think TDT, Kidnap, GT, and AB all sold more than it did the past 3-4 days (obviously Annabelle was higher too)

Dunkirk has died a lot over the past week. It's only been selling low to mid singles for most shows, and it didn't do anything insane last weekend. Like, I honestly think TDT, Kidnap, GT, and AB all sold more than it did the past 3-4 days (obviously Annabelle was higher too)

:gold:

• Like 1

School was in session last Friday, yet the theater didn't look this dead. Community college still isn't back until Monday either. We've just hit the dog days of summer.

There is nothing new to see that interests the available public. At least last week there was a strong opener. My guess is that this week the top 3 might barely outgross the top movie of last week.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CJohn said:

There is nothing new to see that interests the available public. At least last week there was a strong opener. My guess is that this week the top 3 might barely outgross the top movie of last week.

18+12+11=41

I wouldn't go quite that far, but it's possible

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

18+12+11=41

I wouldn't go quite that far, but it's possible

I don't think LL is going that high tho. Hopefully you are right about it.

Tysons Corner Mclean for HBG

Shows at 7pm and 10pm in  $14.59 theatre

7pm - 59/299

10pm - 14/299 so far*

Shows at 8:05pm and 11pm at 20.59 Dolby Atmos

8:05pm - 113/163

11pm - 25/163 so far*

*will update if I get a chance

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rumpot said:

Tysons Corner Mclean for HBG

Shows at 7pm and 10pm in  $14.59 theatre

7pm - 59/299

10pm - 14/299 so far*

Shows at 8:05pm and 11pm at 20.59 Dolby Atmos

8:05pm - 113/163

11pm - 25/163 so far*

*will update if I get a chance

Unfortunately I missed the 10pm regular seat theater but I'm sure it went up.

The Dolby theater 11pm show jumped from 25 to 46/163 by showtime.  This is really good for an 11pm show with $20.59 tickets.

The only other showing still pending anywhere close to me is Arclight Bethesda 11:10pm $15.75 tickets - that theater has sold 12/146 which is also not bad as I'd expect empty

• Like 1

So far tonight Hitman's Bodyguard is performing pretty similar to Dark Tower did for its Thursday shows. THat opened to our equivalent of 22.3M at my theatre, but I'm wondering if this could have better legs due to better WOM as well as the King fan base for Dark Tower.

However, there still are late shows tonight. Perhaps Hitman will be more of a late night movie than TDT was and get a lead on it before the end of the night. As it stands (and this might change over the next few hours) I'm going to predict 1.95M for previews.

RE Apes in IMAX: Only 2/4 IMAXs in Orlando have it, and it's still sharing the screen with Dunkirk. At Universal it's a 3/1 split favoring Apes while Waterford Lakes is 2/2. Altamonte and Pointe Orlando are keeping Dunkirk full time.

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

So far tonight Hitman's Bodyguard is performing pretty similar to Dark Tower did for its Thursday shows. THat opened to our equivalent of 22.3M at my theatre, but I'm wondering if this could have better legs due to better WOM as well as the King fan base for Dark Tower.

However, there still are late shows tonight. Perhaps Hitman will be more of a late night movie than TDT was and get a lead on it before the end of the night. As it stands (and this might change over the next few hours) I'm going to predict 1.95M for previews.

THB played a lot better at the 10 PM showing than Dark Tower did at my theater. They both managed like 60 some seats for the early showing. Then for 10 PM, THB did 38. Dark Tower did about 20. 

So I wouldn't be surprised if THB had weaker earlier showings and then recovers at night. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

THB played a lot better at the 10 PM showing than Dark Tower did at my theater. They both managed like 60 some seats for the early showing. Then for 10 PM, THB did 38. Dark Tower did about 20. 

So I wouldn't be surprised if THB had weaker earlier showings and then recovers at night. 

If that ends up being the case I could see our equivalent of a 2.2M Thursday showing, makes 25M (here) for the weekend mor likely.

Lmao I just went up to get a smoothie on my break and the girl working there was like "slow night"

"Kinda, it's gonna get brutal for the next few weeks"

"doesn't that clown movie come out soon? That's going to be BUSY"

there you have it folks. 100M OW incoming

• Haha 2