grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

2 minutes ago, Menor said:

Ah, missed that. In that case I will temper my optimism about those numbers. 

Haha, yeah, I mean even 1.5M in previews could be like 30M weekend so...   

These are more for use with future comps than telling us anything really about what these 3 movies will do. Except compared to each other, but Raya>Chaos>Boogie was never much in doubt.

I'm honestly not expecting a whole lot from Raya. Doesn't feel like there's a whole lot of chatter surrounding it despite the good reviews, although it's still difficult for any theatrical release to generate excitement in the current situation.

They know most people are gonna watch it on D+ (including me - payed the $30 so that it's all ready to watch when it lands tomorrow days ago) and thus it really just feels like a glorified exclusive for the streaming service, which arguably has much more power than HBO Max and every other streaming service that isn't Netflix. It could reach double digits but I doubt it overperforms like Tom & Jerry did this past weekend.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

@jatvision Like I said before, my new sales updates have brand new theaters entering the fray that I didn't track before. Let alone me tracking both Thursday and Friday. Again, I'd really prefer if people not compare my numbers to any past results, because it's going to be very muddy and inaccurate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eric and the Last Dragon said:

@jatvision Like I said before, my new sales updates have brand new theaters entering the fray that I didn't track before. Let alone me tracking both Thursday and Friday. Again, I'd really prefer if people not compare my numbers to any past results, because it's going to be very muddy and inaccurate.

Ohh missed that, if that wasn't the case would have taken chances of predicting but the above factor changes everything. 

Raya and the Last Dragon Thursday/Friday Showings Denver

AMC Westminster 24

Total 222 2712 8.19%

AMC Highlands Ranch 24

Total 192 2335 8.22%

SEATS SOLD SOLD PAST DAY TOTAL SEATS PERCENT SOLD THEATERS  SHOWINGS
798    N/A 7994 9.98% 4 58

Numbers don't really mean anything without comps, but might as well post.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Eric and the Last Dragon said:

Boogie Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-1 and Counting (Thursday + Friday)

Sellouts Showings Seats Sold Total Seats Perct Sold
TOTALS 1 37 135 1904 7.09%

Total Sellouts Added: 1

Total Seats Sold: 62

If you take out the sold out show, it's about 26 tickets, so on par with yesterday when removing certain caveats. Nothing too terribly exciting, and it's also likely propped up because Philly has a significant Asian population.

Boogie Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report Final Count (Thursday + Friday)

TOTALS 3 37 299 1904 15.70%

Total Sellouts Added: 2

Total Seats Sold: 164

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Chaos Walking Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-1 and Counting (Thursday + Friday)

TOTALS 0 73 131 4206 3.11%

Total Seats Sold: 47

I...don't think this is very good stuff so far.

Chaos Walking Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report Final Count (Thursday + Friday)

TOTALS 3 73 357 4206 8.49%

Total Sellouts Added: 3

Total Seats Sold: 226

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Raya and the Last Dragon Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-1 and Counting (Thursday + Friday)

TOTALS 2 70 431 4511 9.55%

Total Seats Sold: 106

So obviously this is a decline due to yesterday's sell outs. What is a good thing though is that it is a very strong jump from the sans-sellout of 30 tickets. Like I'm saying a million times here, I don't know if this leads to anything good or bad. And again, the lack of representation from some chains gives me pause. But this boost does make me a touch more optimistic since it was a fair ahead of the boosts from the other two openers, even if those movies weren't gonna make much even in normal times.

I dunno. I don't like setting people's hopes up only for them to get dashed so I think I'll just stay quiet now

Raya and the Last Dragon Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report Final Count (Thursday + Friday)

TOTALS 2 74 598 4599 13.00%

Total Showings Added Today: 4

Total Seats Added Today: 88

Total Seats Sold Today: 167

Here's a funny story: the two previous sold outs were denoted, dropping the total hard. But the good news was two different showtimes got sellouts, though they had less seats in said auditoriums. This did deflate the overall number here a bit, though I'd be lying if I said this last day was anything great.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

https://www.boxofficepro.com/weekend-box-office-forecast-raya-tom-jerry-look-to-hold-down-the-mid-march-fort/

Weekend Forecast

Film Distributor 3-Day Weekend Forecast Projected Domestic Total through Sunday, March 14 Location Count % Change from Last Wknd
Raya and the Last Dragon Walt Disney Pictures $6,700,000 $16,900,000 2,163 -21%
Tom & Jerry Warner Bros. Studios $5,600,000 $29,900,000 ~2,500 -14%
Chaos Walking Lionsgate $2,700,000 $7,400,000 n/a -28%
Boogie Focus Features $800,000 $2,350,000 1,272 -33%
The Croods: A New Age Universal Pictures $725,000 $54,500,000 1,440 -8%
The Marksman Open Road Films / Briarcliff Entertainment $460,000 $13,600,000 1,105 -8%
The Father Sony Pictures Classics $400,000 $400,000 ~850 NEW
The Little Things Warner Bros. Studios $360,000 $14,200,000 ~1,100 -35%
Wonder Woman 1984 Warner Bros. Studios $350,000 $45,000,000 ~850 -30%
Long Weekend Sony Pictures / Stage 6 Films $225,000 $225,000 812 NEW
Monster Hunter Sony Pictures $210,000 $14,700,000 n/a -16%

• Like 2

5 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

That $6.7M seems really high but guess LA opening will boost the numbers. Was expecting $5M ish.

LA not until next weekend, but it is gaining about 5% TC this weekend from somewhere.

6.7 seems crazy to me, would be quite satisfied with 6. 

Godzilla vs. Kong Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-19 Days and Counting (Wednesday)

TOTALS 0 20 252 1315 19.16%

No comps, do not even ask me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1