Jump to content
grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

After all, DS is still a foreign subtitled r rated anime that released by a small distributor.

This. The pre-sale reports may have been a bit too optimistic at times but without them, I would have said that 5M OW are too optimistic :lol:. Especially with still limited capacity and without Canada.

DS's Audience Score at RT is still 99% and 4.9/5. Since hours it has 1000+ Verified Ratings and every few minutes somebody posts a user review. Should also help its legs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, el sid said:

This. The pre-sale reports may have been a bit too optimistic at times but without them, I would have said that 5M OW are too optimistic :lol:. Especially with still limited capacity and without Canada.

DS's Audience Score at RT is still 99% and 4.9/5. Since hours it has 1000+ Verified Ratings and every few minutes somebody posts a user review. Should also help its legs.

To get the high score and fresh cirtification from the critics is much more difficult. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Since there are no weekend threads, do we get some numbers from insiders and co here?

There are weekend threads again. Didn’t you post in the GvK one a bunch?

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Since there are no weekend threads, do we get some numbers from insiders and co here?

We'll likely have a weekend thread this weekend, seeing as how there is stuff to talk about. But in instances where there isn't one, due to lack of interest, we use the Theater Reopening Thread

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Around 230PM pacific MK is at 142201/653618 1696085.00(3583 shows) at MTC1 and 135968/550783 1577535.05(3607 shows) at MTC2. Definitely targeting double digit for the day. 

 

DS Friday is at 113359/567885 1444557.00 (3932 shows) at MTC1 and 86357/366239 1160983.75(3140 shows) at MTC2. Friday walk ups look much better than thursday and I think it will finish ahead of thursday number. 

 

No change to projections from yesterday. MK should win the weekend comfortably. Let us see how saturday is doing sometime later. I think DS will increase again tomorrow. Let us wait and see. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like $11M plus for MK and $5.5-5.75M for DS depending on how night shows walk in go.

MK is just unbelievably big. Never thought it will be this big. 

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Seems like $11M plus for MK and $5.5-5.75M for DS depending on how night shows walk in go.

MK is just unbelievably big. Never thought it will be this big. 

Flawless Victory indeed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Seems like $11M plus for MK and $5.5-5.75M for DS depending on how night shows walk in go.

MK is just unbelievably big. Never thought it will be this big. 

Edit: is this from Comscore numbers?

Edited by Menor
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Menor said:

Edit: is this from Comscore numbers?

No using Keyser numbers for now. I got GvK number a bit later hopefully will get MK too but won't be too sure of them.

I wonder if in your previous version were comparing GVK Wed number, those had higher MTC 1 &2 ratio than Friday. MK has 50 more REGALs open, so ratio will drop even further.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Since @PKMLover asked here you go.

4/25 Sunday BO

Mortal Kombat Sunday(T-2)

MTC1 - 26553/622154 301027.00 3286 shows(425 Theatres) // 50 sellouts

MTC2 - 26737/447153 288209.05 3060 shows(294 Theatres) // 25 sellouts

 

Demon Slayer Sunday

MTC1 - 54750/534415 708602.00 3591 shows(399 Theatres) // 147 sellouts

MTC2 - 45841/378471 585440.32 3133 shows(276 Theatres) // 132 sellouts

 

Theme is still the same.Early PS skews heavily in DS side. Also in % terms relative to saturday PS as well its better. But real action for MK will happen tomorrow and sunday walk ups. 

 

Compared to saturday PS yesterday.

21 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

04/24 Saturday BO

Mortal Kombat(T-2)

MTC1 - 48051/701336 585391.00 3692 shows(428 Theatres) +12241 // 114 sellouts

MTC2 - 44867/537557 529837.66 3566 shows(294 Theatres) +9838 // 53 sellouts

 

Demon Slayer Saturday

MTC1 - 76665/616580 983409.00 4133 shows(410 Theatres) +8798 // 268 sellouts 

MTC2 - 63636/427943 866571.60 3471 shows(276 Theatres) +7828 // 168 sellouts

 

Great increase for MK and good for DS. But DS is still far ahead of MK. I dont see how it can catch up. 

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Random thought, are they offering both dub and sub? If some capacity is dubbed but most prefer subbed, could make effective capacity lower than it appears — possibly accounting for how the later days look better than affected via spillover.

Edited by WandaLegion
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

No using Keyser numbers for now. I got GvK number a bit later hopefully will get MK too but won't be too sure of them.

I wonder if in your previous version were comparing GVK Wed number, those had higher MTC 1 &2 ratio than Friday. MK has 50 more REGALs open, so ratio will drop even further.

Yeah I was comparing Wednesday, so ignore what I said. The ratio will be better for sure.  

Edited by Menor
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Random thought, are they offering both dub and sub? If some capacity is dubbed but most prefer subbed, could make effective capacity lower than it appears — possibly accounting for how the later days look better than affected via spillover.

Yeah they are. In Denver, the overall capacity is moreso subbed. Plus, all premium formats are subbed. I don’t think there’s much, if at all, of a spillover effect because of that here and other similar markets. But that could definitely be the case in NY and other larger markets.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Since @PKMLover asked here you go.

4/25 Sunday BO

Mortal Kombat Sunday(T-2)

MTC1 - 26553/622154 301027.00 3286 shows(425 Theatres) // 50 sellouts

MTC2 - 26737/447153 288209.05 3060 shows(294 Theatres) // 25 sellouts

 

Demon Slayer Sunday

MTC1 - 54750/534415 708602.00 3591 shows(399 Theatres) // 147 sellouts

MTC2 - 45841/378471 585440.32 3133 shows(276 Theatres) // 132 sellouts

 

Theme is still the same.Early PS skews heavily in DS side. Also in % terms relative to saturday PS as well its better. But real action for MK will happen tomorrow and sunday walk ups. 

 

Compared to saturday PS yesterday.

 

Seems DS movie manages to drop 30% or less on Sun from Sat. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

04/24 Saturday BO

Mortal Kombat(T-1)

MTC1 - 71465/713938 832124.00 3842 shows(429 Theatres) +23454 // 224 sellouts

MTC2 - 63536/549888 739886.38 3665 shows(294 Theatres) +18669 // 104 sellouts

 

Demon Slayer Saturday

MTC1 - 94831/622934 1216082.00 4215 shows(410 Theatres) +18165 //361 sellouts

MTC2 - 76997/439155 1045769.16 3593 shows(276 Theatres) +13361 // 228 sellouts

 

Really good increase for MK. its down about 26% at MTC1 and 23% at MTC2. Walk ups will be better and so this can be made up. But I am expecting flat Saturday. DS sold fewer tickets today but it still has a lead. MK will overtake it tomorrow but DS will be closer compared to today. I am expecting a 10% increase tomorrow with slightly better walkups.

 

21 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

04/24 Saturday BO

Mortal Kombat(T-2)

MTC1 - 48051/701336 585391.00 3692 shows(428 Theatres) +12241 // 114 sellouts

MTC2 - 44867/537557 529837.66 3566 shows(294 Theatres) +9838 // 53 sellouts

 

Demon Slayer Saturday

MTC1 - 76665/616580 983409.00 4133 shows(410 Theatres) +8798 // 268 sellouts 

MTC2 - 63636/427943 866571.60 3471 shows(276 Theatres) +7828 // 168 sellouts

 

Great increase for MK and good for DS. But DS is still far ahead of MK. I dont see how it can catch up. 

 

 

 

21 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

04/23 Friday BO

Mortal Kombat (T-1)

MTC1 - 96803/642319 1254005.00 3447 shows (429 Theatres) +26590 // 337 sellouts

MTC2 - 82271/471196 981053.00 3120 shows(294 Theatres) +20871 // 157 sellouts

 

Demon Slayer Friday

MTC1 -  86377/566278 1104308.00 3902 shows(410 Theatres) +14621 // 440 sellouts

MTC2 -  68511/360044 925669.71 3106 shows(276 Theatres) +11087 // 212 sellouts

 

Spectacular final day of PS for MK and solid for DS whose friday PS is ahead of thursday PS at the same point. Show counts are good for both to have strong walk ups. MK is on par with GVK in MTC1 though behind on MTC2. I think PWP sales will be on par with GVK and so with strong walk ups it could end up having OD > GVK. 

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.





×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.