LL: 13/345

All Saints: 8/495

Terminator: 7/390

Leap!: 7/468

SMH: 2/390

BD: 2/138

WW: 2/126

Dragon: 1/390

DM3, Annabelle, Nut Job, Dark Tower, Emoji, Dunkirk, and Girls Trip have sold nothing.

It's super weird that 75% of All Saints' tickets are at the late showing :rofl: 

Going to the movies during the day is a very un-Christian thing to do. Pray during the day, go to the movies at night.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I hope you get Tulip Fever next week. :lol:

It's only going to be in 600 theaters, so the chances of that happening are pretty slim, especially when Wind River is in 2k theaters and not here :lol: This isn't like Christian flicks where studios can target areas with heavy church-going populations; what's the right area to release an infidelity drama starring Alicia Vikander and :qotd: ?

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's only going to be in 600 theaters, so the chances of that happening are pretty slim, especially when Wind River is in 2k theaters and not here :lol: This isn't like Christian flicks where studios can target areas with heavy church-going populations; what's the right area to release an infidelity drama starring Alicia Vikander and :qotd: ?

You gotta love how Harvey's trying to make the selling point of the movie "come see Alicia Vikander naked" even though she's already done nude scenes before (in Ex Machina and The Danish Girl). So behind the times, that Harvey.

• Like 1

BOREDOM POST: This is what I think my AMC's slate will be next weekend:

Biggest: THB

2nd Biggest: Wind River

Averages: Ingrid, Logan Lucky, Terminator, Leap/Annabelle, Cars/Dragon, All Saints/SMH

4th Smallest: Nut Job/Dark Tower

3rd Smallest: DM3/GT

2nd Smallest: Dunkirk/WW

Smallest: Emoji/BD

Tulip Fever likely won't hit the area, and I doubt Good Time will perform well enough this weekend to expand beyond 1k theaters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

BOREDOM POST: This is what I think my AMC's slate will be next weekend:

Biggest: THB

2nd Biggest: Wind River

Averages: Ingrid, Logan Lucky, Terminator, Leap/Annabelle, Cars/Dragon, All Saints/SMH

4th Smallest: Nut Job/Dark Tower

3rd Smallest: DM3/GT

2nd Smallest: Dunkirk/WW

Smallest: Emoji/BD

Tulip Fever likely won't hit the area, and I doubt Good Time will perform well enough this weekend to expand beyond 1k theaters.

If you are right, you will at least get to see Wind River and Ingrid Goes West.

• Like 1

IT 

North Shore Cinema (9/7/17: 11 days before release)

7:00 - 26/301 - Ultrascreen 

10:00 - 2/301 - Ultrascreen 

12:00 - 2/144

30/746 - 4% of tickets sold.

Seems pretty solid for a non superhero movie.

Edited by YourMother

20 minutes ago, YourMother said:

IT 

North Shore Cinema (9/7/17: 11 days before release)

7:00 - 26/301 - Ultrascreen 

10:00 - 2/301 - Ultrascreen 

12:00 - 2/144

30/746 - 4% of tickets sold.

Seems pretty solid for a non superhero movie.

I glanced at AMC empire and noticed it was >50% full for 7pm on 9/7

It at my theater so far:

Thursday night: 12/78

Friday:

10:15: 4/78

1:15: 0/78

4:30: 0/78

7:00: 2/124

10:15: 3/124

Saturday:

10:15: 1/78

1:15: 0/78

4:30: 0/78

7:00: 5/124

10:15: 0/124

Sunday hasn't sold anything yet.

@CJohn They HAVE to say "fuck it" and just put It in the biggest auditorium altogether instead of sharing it with Home Again (weekend tickets aren't up for that yet but what else will It share the screen with?). I'm scared they're going to underestimate this big time.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

@CJohn They HAVE to say "fuck it" and just put It in the biggest auditorium altogether instead of sharing it with Home Again (weekend tickets aren't up for that yet but what else will It share the screen with?).

You're theater will be getting the smash hit Tulip Fever starring new blockbuster king Dane DeHaan, isn't it obvious?

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I just remembered that awful and exploitative looking 9/11 movie is opening. :rofl: Two sub-$1K PTAs coming over two weeks, what a time to be alive.

I think 9/11 is going to do around 4-5M on OW; we underestimated 47 Meters and Kidnap, and there's an audience for 9/11's kind of shit, especially releasing before the anniversary. 

So the trailer/Spot for Happy Death Day is playing before Taylor Swift's new music video. That video has over 25 million views in like 16 hours. It's gonna hit like 40 million views in 24 hours. 

Whoever thought of that was genius especially with the tone of the music video having a death theme to it too. Will be interesting to see if it has an effect. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nova said:

So the trailer/Spot for Happy Death Day is playing before Taylor Swift's new music video. That video has over 25 million views in like 16 hours. It's gonna hit like 40 million views in 24 hours. 

Whoever thought of that was genius especially with the tone of the music video having a death theme to it too. Will be interesting to see if it has an effect. 

Aren't ads generated based on what a person's Internet history or searches are?

6 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Aren't ads generated based on what a person's Internet history or searches are?

On facebook you can add a lot of option to your targeting (age/gender/interest), I imagine youtube also in some way, surely IP location is also used.