grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

10 hours ago, YourMother said:

Okay after further investigation either the 8:30 showing and 11:00 were cancelled or they actually sold out.

The 6 news showings just added last night say the same thing. This has happened prior at my theater for Baywatch, Valerian and All Eyes on Me. For Baywatch it was canceled but for Valerian and All Eyes on Me it was sold out. Call the theater to see what is up. I'm doing it today for IT

• Like 1

Looking around Orlando, AMC is closing Disney Springs (the 4th highest grossing theater in the country) and Universal's theaters on Sunday and Monday. The Altamonte Mall AMC still has showtimes up, but I imagine that'll change soon. Regal hasn't removed any showings yet.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

What the fuck is your grudge against me?

Maybe he still salty about you not being huge on Wonder Woman :ph34r:

Speaking of movies Han isn't a fan of, I know everyone is understandably all aboard the It hype train, but what about Annabelle for this weekend? Reaching 100M DOM depends entirely on how well it tackles It's opening, so I'm curious to know about it.

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Maybe he still salty about you not being huge on Wonder Woman :ph34r:

Speaking of movies Han isn't a fan of, I know everyone is understandably all aboard the It hype train, but what about Annabelle for this weekend? Reaching 100M DOM depends entirely on how well it tackles It's opening, so I'm curious to know about it.

I think Annabelle will have a high-40s drop thanks to It double features. It probably could have been sub-45% without the storm

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I think Annabelle will have a high-40s drop thanks to It double features. It probably could have been sub-45% without the storm

Yeah, just saw your post about the AMC theater going down. Bad timing about the hurricane (and apparently you're gonna take some brunt of it, so good luck mate), but at least this gives the OW some backloadedness and it should have a strong hold next week.

On a good note for Annabelle, it's currently outpacing Sausage Party, and that dropped 55% on the post Labor Day-weekend. A:C's 3-day hold was actually stronger than SP's 4-day for the Labor Day run. If It double features really come to help, a 40's drop, high or low in that range, would be fantastic and damn near guarantee a 100M reaching, or close enough where WB would fudge.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Thanks 1

Wednesday, September 6th, 2017

Rankings Movie Total Tweets
1 It (2017) 27,935
2 Star Wars: The Last Jedi 16,194
3 mother! 7,799
4 Spider-Man: Homecoming 5,670
5 Dunkirk 3,981
6 Tyler Perry's Acrimony 2,859
7 Transformers 6 2,635
8 Kingsman: The Golden Circle 2,324