grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

7 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

Well IT is the widest released film at my theater. 2,342 total seats available:ohmygod:. Middle America is devouring this film 

That could just be because movie releases are dry which is the case right now, there's no major release besides IT.

The real question is how many of them are sold out compared to movies in the past. 

1 minute ago, We0uthere said:

That could just be because movie releases are dry which is the case right now, there's no major release besides IT.

The real question is how many of them are sold out compared to movies in the past. 

704 seats are sold...Wonder Woman is the highest of the year with 1,270 seats sold. IT jumped from 537 seats sold to 704 seats in the past 2 hours. 

• Like 1

I will post $ comparison of IT to POTA (the only other preview I tracked closely in Northern VA - Tyson's Corner Mclean) but it will definitely outdo it by a wide margin.  

More interestingly IT is selling extremely well in the surrounding DC/MD/Northern VA theaters - more shows than POTA and way more full.  Unfortunately I have to be subjective there but I'd venture maybe 5 times more in some cases....

10 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

The competition is terrible though so let's not get crazy with Thor popping up..

Before Thor took #5 on Movietickets, the #5 was something called "Pokemon: Gotta Catch Them All". Had pointed that out in the Whatsapp group and @CJohn began stanning for it :rofl: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Before Thor took #5 on Movietickets, the #5 was something called "Pokemon: Gotta Catch Them All". Had pointed that out in the Whatsapp group and @CJohn began stanning for it :rofl: 

It is a remake from the first few episodes of the anime. That is why it got in.

I didn't even know tickets were available for Thor yet! Not necessarily going nuts over it appearing amidst all the nothingness, but still a bit surprised to see it pop on the top 5 so soon when mother, AA or Kingsman haven't been able to do so yet.

It 839 2,342 35.8%

Should top 1,000 tickets sold. On Beauty and the Beast and Wonder Woman have achieved that so far.

BATB: 1,107 sold

Wonder Woman: 1,270 sold

I am curious to see how walk-ins are. Generally walk in sales begin 30 minutes before the film starts. 

• Like 2

Deep Wang updates:

- IT ends higher than the final numbers we had for Doctor Strange and Fantastic Beasts. About 20% lower than Wonder Woman and 24% lower than SMH

- Thor is about 70-75% of Guardians 2 numbers, don't have Civil War comps and BATB was in a different stratosphere altogether with more than double of what Thor is at currently

• Like 6
  • Astonished 1

Just now, Barnack said:

Oh my, does that mean Thor is tracking toward joining the 100m OW club (70% of Guardian opening is 102.5m) ?

We will know more when the comps from week before release start coming in. In the end, regardless of when tickets went on sale, the week before release patterns tend to be pretty much similar for all CBMs.