Seats Left/Total Seats

Perct Sold

Comp

BW

0/99

16124/17213

6.33%

7.03m

COMP NOTE: BW Comp has been adjusted to reflect the return of Ontario theaters to the DOM market (what would be normally be the comp/0.955).

===

Solid enough day in Sacto.  Missing three theaters at the moment, which sometimes take a couple of days to check in.  Ironically enough, they're the exact same three theaters that had seat map problems at the beginning of BW's run. so I was able to use an unadjusted comp for it tonight.

I don't think it's of much value, so I didn't make a comp block for it, but a TSS comp comes to 13.07m.  Yeah.  No.

Will probably switch to T-x comps relatively early, say around Thursday or so, given the compressed calendar at play. 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 7

Yeah, overall SC first day seems to be about half of BW, which would give us 6M previews (which to be honest would still be good).

But BW is an stablish character with a somewhat big fanbase, it was also the first MCU movie in 2 years, so not only it was frontloaded in general but the rush also happen with presales.

SC despite also pretty good first day is presenting a new character, other than MCU diehards no reason for this to perform like BW. I think it will be closer to F9 than BW actually. Because of that i'm pretty confident in 7-8M previews.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yeah, overall SC first day seems to be about half of BW, which would give us 6M previews (which to be honest would still be good).

One note here.  BW had 10 more days of pre-sales so if SC wants to do 50% BW, it'll need to pick up the pace against it at some point or another.  It should, given the compressed calendar, but I felt that difference in pre-sale length should be remembered.

• Like 2

I don’t know that the Sacto TSS comp is that outlandish 👀

There’s a real question of how much PA might have affected BW final few days. Though for SC, chance delta depresses that same period depending on how things go.

Anything around 7m previews is good imo.

50-60m 4-day Weekend can easily be spun positively in media as 3rd largest Pandemic OW and biggest Labor day weekend. With no new movie to compete for over a month. 130-140m domestic is good enough. Good audience reception and good reviews will only help the case. 

1 hour ago, Madhuvan said:

Anything around 7m previews is good imo.

50-60m 4-day Weekend can easily be spun positively in media as 3rd largest Pandemic OW and biggest Labor day weekend. With no new movie to compete for over a month. 130-140m domestic is good enough. Good audience reception and good reviews will only help the case. 

Only needs to beat Halloween’s $30.6m for the Labour Day weekend record. $50m+ would be fine.

It’ll be interesting to see if it can beat A Quiet Place Part II’s numbers. 

7 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

For a Marvel movie after BW made $80M with PA - $40M would still be terrible.

I said when Deadline made the stupid "$23M is good" line, it meant Disney was expecting high 30's for Shang-Chi...pushing it to the low $40s would be better than it was, but it'd still be a horrible number and set up for the fall, especially as a full theatrical release.  I mean, Jungle Cruise was $35M with PA.  It can't go under than number b/c I can't see many JC fans (aka Disney fan base), not showing up for Shang Chi, and Marvel extra base should give a bump on top...

But, maybe we'll get a good number - $70M for 4 days would be a good sign for fall...and there is capacity for it in the current showing sets...

With an Asian cast, it's doubtful this becomes as successful as the more well known heros

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Nope. BW is best comp. For few days, need to use first x days. Around T-10 days, can start using T-10 days comp of BW and TSS.

I see based on what you have seen so far from day 1 pre sales what is your predictions for ow ?

10 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Let's see the final 24 hours numbers. I am waiting for @keysersoze123 and @Menor morning update. They will probably do in 2 hours.

Yeah it will be in a couple of hours, although I'm wondering if it might be better to post my update at the same time as BW (early afternoon today).

Also just letting you all know in advance I will be on vacation from this Friday to the next week's Sunday (8/28), won't be using my laptop much so updates will be irregular if at all. But I will be back for the real action in SC's final week. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Menor said:

Yeah it will be in a couple of hours, although I'm wondering if it might be better to post my update at the same time as BW (early afternoon today).

Also just letting you all know in advance I will be on vacation from this Friday to the next week's Sunday (8/28), won't be using my laptop much so updates will be irregular if at all. But I will be back for the real action in SC's final week. 

You deserve a rest king. Don't worry about us

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Menor said:

I was hoping for 24 hours for future records. Though its already 1 hour past but can do with that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

This is new. We tracking?

You can't track. This is a free event. Gofobo is a site all about free advance screenings, and note the "first come first serve" disclaimer. I actually did one of these a few years ago for The Edge of Seventeen.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Free Eric said:

You can't track. This is a free event. Gofobo is a site all about free advance screenings, and note the "first come first serve" disclaimer. I actually did one of these a few years ago for The Edge of Seventeen.

Why would Marvel do that? Burning demand and spoiler fear. 😐

18 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Why would Marvel do that? Burning demand and spoiler fear. 😐

i dont think that it will have a big affect if it even has at all...it will only be for one day and probably we will not leaks or spoilers..if i remember correctly marvel have done this again and it was fine

• Like 1