grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

2 minutes ago, Eevin said:

:jeb!::jeb!::jeb!:

And my theater isn't even in the top 5 of the state. South Shore, which is #2, is eating IT up like it's going out of style. :redcapes:

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

Was looking at random presale comps, and Star Wars is a different beast altogether. Rogue One had about 20x the presales Thor managed in the first 12 hours. Not a typo - 20X. In the first 24 hours, Rogue One had about 4.5M in presales in the first 24 hours. Just for perspective - IT's final presales isn't that much, and the first 24 hour presale for R1 is just about lower than Wonder Woman and SMH.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Deep Wang updates:

- IT ends higher than the final numbers we had for Doctor Strange and Fantastic Beasts. About 20% lower than Wonder Woman and 24% lower than SMH

- Thor is about 70-75% of Guardians 2 numbers, don't have Civil War comps and BATB was in a different stratosphere altogether with more than double of what Thor is at currently

Don't see it having a much more frontloaded OW than Fantastic Beasts, so I think $75m is the floor here. Those #s relative to WW and SMH put it in the $80m-$90m range, but I think it'll be a bit less frontloaded than either of those.

2 hours ago, Hiccup23 said:

It 839 2,342 35.8%

Should top 1,000 tickets sold. On Beauty and the Beast and Wonder Woman have achieved that so far.

BATB: 1,107 sold

Wonder Woman: 1,270 sold

I am curious to see how walk-ins are. Generally walk in sales begin 30 minutes before the film starts. 

Walk-ins for the 3 7pm showings have started. Right now it sits at 1,033 tickets sold. It should easily surpass BATB and possibly WW. 

• Like 1

For the moment at Tyson's Mclean AMC (in mall) IT has sold $10,680.95 via 90 IMAX, 234 Dolby, 281 Regular tickets.  It has 6 showings left to start.

Planet of the Apes is the only comp I have for Thursday previews and it sold $9,958.50 that night.  I don't think this is a perfect comp as POTA didn't do nearly as well in the surrounding theaters as IT seems to be so I think this particular mall AMC is going to way underestimate how far above POTA IT is tonight in Northern VA/DC/MD.

I'll update as the other showings come up - I'm going to the 10:30pm Dolby myself though so will update later.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

For the moment at Tyson's Mclean AMC (in mall) IT has sold $10,680.95 via 90 IMAX, 234 Dolby, 281 Regular tickets.  It has 6 showings left to start.

Planet of the Apes is the only comp I have for Thursday previews and it sold $9,958.50 that night.  I don't think this is a perfect comp as POTA didn't do nearly as well in the surrounding theaters as IT seems to be so I think this particular mall AMC is going to way underestimate how far above POTA IT is tonight in Northern VA/DC/MD.

I'll update as the other showings come up - I'm going to the 10:30pm Dolby myself though so will update later.

My theater sold $15,000+ tonight...if you take the average ticket price. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Kingsman is selling about 1 ticket per minute on Pulse.

Ouch. I think the ceiling for that film is 150M. Outside of the comic book and movie fandom, not too much excitement for this or Blade Runner, which makes me sad :(

I never understood the massive predictions for Kingsman 2, even with the plethora of talent they brought on board. The first film was well-received but it doesn't feel like anyone emerged from it eagerly anticipating a sequel (which seems to be the most important factor for a sequel to show growth from its predecessor these days). I'm thinking its total will stay in the same range or slightly decrease.