grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

5 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Paw Patrol Harkins California Friday 10AM

Format Shows Capacity Sold % Sold Gross ATP
Normal 33 7,021 838 11.94% $8,070 $9.63

Total 33 7,021 838 11.94% $8,070 $9.63

Sold 140 seats since last night. Let's see if it can pull 3x from here, though there is no certainty if we will be able to know that.

The Harkins'8 Theaters Friday 10AM

Format Shows Capacity Sold % Sold Gross ATP
Normal 59 10,995 1,573 14.31% $14,405 $9.16

Total 11 10,995 1,573 14.31% $14,405 $9.16

Added 305 seats since last night, and Estrella Fall is on fire. The last 2 shows are 65% full with only bottom and handicapped seats remaining. In 5 shows, they have sold 356/656. Should have added more shows I suppose.

Will do any analysis, if I am in position to do so when I wake up. If the cheat code on Opera don't work, well then this will be a comp for if we ever have non-Previews Friday opening.

At 15:30, Harkins CA has sold 1310 seats. Even 1500 is looking very hard let alone 2500 as shows are already quite full and may not add much. The shows before 15:00 didn't have much walk-ins and those after 15:00 were already quite high. 

In those 8 theaters, has sold 2454 seats or $22,226. Same as above.

The whole chain is estimated at $50K for now, and may hit may be $60K.

I suppose same will be the case with MTC1 and MTC2, so $5M OD is dead. In fact, even $4M may be hard at this rate. Though for reasons this didn't had high PSm may not be issue tomorrow. Saturday growth may be big.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Checked my theaters out of curiosity for tonight..

Currently just 3 seats sold for the 7pm Reminisce..

Cant wait to see those numbers. Record breaking bomb 

The AMC closest to me has sold 0 seats for the 8PM showing in 45 minutes :hahaha: Also looking really dead at Disney Springs; stuff like Old and Black Widow is outselling it tonight :hahaha: 

Edited by WrathOfHan

20 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Checked my theaters out of curiosity for tonight..

Currently just 3 seats sold for the 7pm Reminisce..

Cant wait to see those numbers. Record breaking bomb 

Well at least they only spend 200 dollars to promoted, so the losses will be only for the 68M budget, good for them, another smart decision this year...

Looking at a few theaters, Night House/Protégé/Reminiscence are selling on the same level. Night House is faring better than the other two but not by a wide margin. I'm gonna guess 2-4M for all of them. Paw Patrol is also doing well with group sales like Space Jam did (maybe a quarter of its sales though, especially without Regal), but it varies market to market. 

Edited by WrathOfHan

1 hour ago, Menor said:

Interesting if it's starting to accelerate already. Trend does seem there for both Thursday and Friday. Although it seems opposite of Denver lol. 

The beginning of presales may have just been unusually weak.  Megaplex’s pace is ahead of Denver for Thursday, but they’ve sold essentially the same amount so far. Meanwhile for Black Widow, Denver was far behind Megaplex.

3 hours ago, Menor said:

Interesting if it's starting to accelerate already. Trend does seem there for both Thursday and Friday. Although it seems opposite of Denver lol. 

Could be 1 bad day off setting one good day. I think Inceptionzq wasn't impressed with yesterday increase.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

At 15:30, Harkins CA has sold 1310 seats. Even 1500 is looking very hard let alone 2500 as shows are already quite full and may not add much. The shows before 15:00 didn't have much walk-ins and those after 15:00 were already quite high. 

In those 8 theaters, has sold 2454 seats or $22,226. Same as above.

The whole chain is estimated at $50K for now, and may hit may be $60K.

I suppose same will be the case with MTC1 and MTC2, so $5M OD is dead. In fact, even $4M may be hard at this rate. Though for reasons this didn't had high PSm may not be issue tomorrow. Saturday growth may be big.

Night shows are at fire in many of theaters. This is the highest I have seen these theaters do for any film in terms of occupancy, including Black Widow.

Cerritios 16 is 53% with shows post 16:00 being 75% so far.

Estrella Fall is 73% for full day with final shows being virtually full except handicapped seats.

This should grow big on SAT compensating the weak morning and matinee shows today.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Could be 1 bad day off setting one good day. I think Inceptionzq wasn't impressed with yesterday increase.

Though looking at Sacramento chart, T-14 day is around where these big pre-sales run films start accelerating, so could be that but in case of SC its not even a week since sales started so...

17 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

This is the highest I have seen these theaters do for any film in terms of occupancy, including Black Widow.

Well considering all of the children are unvaccinated I guess we can put to rest Shang-Chi occupancy being too high for delta fears ;)