grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

God Dune fans are fucking insufferable. Might just cancel my ticket and watch on HBO instead.

They were trolled repeatedly by quite a few posters who were deathriding Dune so I think its fair to gloat a bit.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Seems like they got replaced by Dune screenings. 

Pretty sure Dune is the better revenue split for the theater, if they can equally fill it.  I know WB wasn't taking more than 50% of the revenue for a day and date HBO Max release (and it might be lower)...and I'm sure Disney is back over 60% or more (65% was their normal take, right)?

As for tracking this weekend - the anime movie got 1.5 screens at both my Cinemarks and is the "most booked" of the new movies...so, if I was a betting person, it could eek out the "new movie win", although Dune also keeps 1.5-2 screens, and funny enough at one theater, it's all PLF with only 2 normal showings/day...

Edited by TwoMisfits

4 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

They were trolled repeatedly by quite a few posters who were deathriding Dune so I think its fair to gloat a bit.

Not just here, on Twitter too. The standards of success were always low enough that a sequel was guaranteed but they're acting like it's made 200 OW or something. Then there's Film Twitter deciding "franchises are great now actually".

2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Not just here, on Twitter too. The standards of success were always low enough that a sequel was guaranteed but they're acting like it's made 200 OW or something. Then there's Film Twitter deciding "franchises are great now actually".

I know on this forum there were a number of posters who said anybody who thinks there will be a sequel are delusional. 

48 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Pretty sure Dune is the better revenue split for the theater, if they can equally fill it.  I know WB wasn't taking more than 50% of the revenue for a day and date HBO Max release (and it might be lower)...and I'm sure Disney is back over 60% or more (65% was their normal take, right)?

As for tracking this weekend - the anime movie got 1.5 screens at both my Cinemarks and is the "most booked" of the new movies...so, if I was a betting person, it could eek out the "new movie win", although Dune also keeps 1.5-2 screens, and funny enough at one theater, it's all PLF with only 2 normal showings/day...

Looking around it does appear that Dune is holding onto most PLF screens this weekend with the notable exception of AMC Dolby (which Soho is taking over completely and is crushing its regular showtimes in ticket sales). The only PLF screens My Hero Academia is getting are at theaters that have more than one giant screen, though one has to imagine it's in areas where it would do the best anyway.

• Like 1