grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

Sing 2 Harkins Early Access

Theaters - 26
Shows - 26
Admits - 3668+/4863 (75%)

Gross - $40K Approx

Same occupancy % as MTC 1 & 2 but Harkins has bigger audis, so 141 PSA, compared to 99 of MTC 1 & 2. Looking at show looked like occupancy be 90%, as these are the most sold I have seen them but there was still a lot of capacity left in few of theaters. I wonder what will 90% look like and when I will see it.

Waiting for @katnisscinnaplex to give us final show count, but if it was say 1400+, incl Canada, I think $1.6M is possible. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

BTW can't compare these with THU previews. You are basically having a big toon film on SAT evening, that too on limited shows, i.e. 1 only per loc. That gonna fill up. 

I bet you can pick a show on all those 1100+ locs for Encanto on SAT evening, and that will count upto $1.5M as well.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 2

On 11/26/2021 at 11:18 PM, Eric Madrigal said:

Sing 2 Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-26 and Counting

Sellouts Showings Seats Sold Total Seats Perct Sold
TOTALS 0 50 1235 9642 12.81%

Total Seats Sold Today: 245

1,206 tickets are the Early Access shows tomorrow.

Sing 2 Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-25 and Counting

Sellouts Showings Seats Sold Total Seats Perct Sold
TOTALS 1 50 1437 9642 14.90%

Total Sellouts Added Today: 1

Total Seats Sold Today: 202

1,408 tickets were the Early Access shows. Good to know I won't have to care about this anymore.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Sing 2 Harkins Early Access

Theaters - 26
Shows - 26
Admits - 3668+/4863 (75%)

Gross - $40K Approx

Same occupancy % as MTC 1 & 2 but Harkins has bigger audis, so 141 PSA, compared to 99 of MTC 1 & 2. Looking at show looked like occupancy be 90%, as these are the most sold I have seen them but there was still a lot of capacity left in few of theaters. I wonder what will 90% look like and when I will see it.

Waiting for @katnisscinnaplex to give us final show count, but if it was say 1400+, incl Canada, I think $1.6M is possible. 

Final check shows 1,216 shows for my US theater sample.  I didn't get a chance to check Canada unfortunately.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

13 hours to go.

😋

No idea, I’m thinking around 15m+ due to fan craze but I do think we should consider two things in comparison for ticket tracking:

1 - The MCU has become more frontloaded than it was in 2017-2019, so this can have crazy huge ticket sales and still do a bit less than indicated.

2 - With the holiday sales, tickets can be widespread throughout a two week period.

20 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

My hope is for half Endgame (which I believe was about $40M, so $20M) but I'm think something more like 5x Eternals so around $13-14M. 

Endgame was not $60M ? just ahead of TFA ($57M) or am I confused with something else ? 

4 minutes ago, LPLC said:

Endgame was not $60M ? just ahead of TFA ($57M) or am I confused with something else ? 

2 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

Venom is talking about the first 24 hours of presales

@Inceptionzq is correct. Between Charlie and Menor, the estimate is that Endgame did about $40 million in the first 24 hours of presales (domestically). Endgame's previews number was indeed $60M. Also, according to Charlie, TFA's "true" previews number was more like $53M.