grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

On 11/27/2021 at 11:29 PM, Eric Madrigal said:

Sing 2 Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-25 and Counting

Sellouts Showings Seats Sold Total Seats Perct Sold
TOTALS 1 50 1437 9642 14.90%

Total Sellouts Added Today: 1

Total Seats Sold Today: 202

1,408 tickets were the Early Access shows. Good to know I won't have to care about this anymore.

Sing 2 Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-24 and Counting

Sellouts Showings Seats Sold Total Seats Perct Sold
TOTALS 1 50 1444 9642 14.98%

Total Seats Sold Today: 7

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

It’s funny how big discrepancies can be between theaters from the same chain, in the same city.

The theater I used to track currently has 15 show times for Thursday that’ll go live tonight. It’s a 24 screen MTC1 theater.

About 25 miles away is another 24 screen MTC1 theater that’s rolling out with 29!! showtimes for Thursday already. 

The largest theater down here (30 screen MTC1) is starting with 32 show times and 5 private showings available for Thursday. 

3 hours ago, Cap said:

Lmfao. My dumb dumb theater doesn’t have spidey tickets up yet — but they do have king’s man!

Not surprised.  I reckon the smaller chains right now have to be a lot more concerned about staffing problems and the like.  Locally, Cinema West has been putting up its showtimes a day or two later than everyone else pretty much all year long.  True to form, none of them have any NWH showtimes up right now.

Also could be bargaining/purchasing power, as well.  Might be operating a bit closer to the edge so they have schedule a bit later than the Big Boys and Gals out there.

Edited by Porthos
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Not on sale yet. FLOP.

Kind of weird, most places outside America jumped the start by 1 hour or so to spread the rush, America is delaying it :apocalypse:

I remember that Endgame tickets went on sale about five minutes early.  Allowed me to get about 90% or so of the auditorium numbers via screenshots before I started hitting the waiting room.

5 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

It’s funny how big discrepancies can be between theaters from the same chain, in the same city.

The theater I used to track currently has 15 show times for Thursday that’ll go live tonight. It’s a 24 screen MTC1 theater.

About 25 miles away is another 24 screen MTC1 theater that’s rolling out with 29!! showtimes for Thursday already. 

The largest theater down here (30 screen MTC1) is starting with 32 show times and 5 private showings available for Thursday. 

I've been debating if I want to do this 30, but I do like the other MTC's IMAX better.  But that Dolby with recliners...

4 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

I've been debating if I want to do this 30, but I do like the other MTC's IMAX better.  But that Dolby with recliners...

I’ll be up north at the new 10 watching it on their Laser IMAX. I don’t wanna deal with the traffic or crowd of a 24/30 screen place 😅

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Not surprised.  I reckon the smaller chains right now have to be a lot more concerned about staffing problems and the like.  Locally, Cinema West has been putting up its showtimes a day or two later than everyone else pretty much all year long.  True to form, none of them have any NWH showtimes up right now.

Also could be bargaining/purchasing power, as well.  Might be operating a bit closer to the edge so they have schedule a bit later than the Big Boys and Gals out there.

I wanted to buy a pair of cinemawest in 15 mins, but looks like I’ll have to settle for AMC

• Like 1

Just now, Eternal Legion said:

I wanted to buy a pair of cinemawest in 15 mins, but looks like I’ll have to settle for AMC

Buy them at AMC now, and then grab the seats at Cinema West when they get around to selling them as you'll have odds of getting a much better seat thanks to not being part of the rush. 👍

2 minutes ago, Eternal Legion said:

Why don't you, like wait for a day or two till Cinemawest opens? Sony is making believe but its not like today is the only day to buy tickets or they will run out today.

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Buy them at AMC now, and then grab the seats at Cinema West when they get around to selling them as you'll have odds of getting a much better seat thanks to not being part of the rush. 👍

I LITERALLY am doing this 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Why don't you, like wait for a day or two till Cinemawest opens? Sony is making believe but its not like today is the only day to buy tickets or they will run out today.

Presumably he wants to make sure he gets primo seats and doesn't want to risk a more lottery based approach to Cinema West with an unknown start time.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cap said:

I LITERALLY am doing this 

Wait no I’m not because the regal app doesn’t have the tickets available for previews yet. You can buy for Friday onward only

Man people really don’t want folks up here to see this on Thursday

• Sad 1