grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

1 minute ago, Deep Wang said:

Shit, looks like the first two IMAXs are sold out at the MarqE :(

Could be flaky websites as back in the day, I thought my local IMAX got sold out for R1 in like 10 minutes.  Just turned out to be a shitty website and I got my seats later on (not great seats, mind, but still seats).

18 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

AEG was low profile. They just randomly dropped the tickets on sales trailer while west cost was asleep. Here west cost is wide awake and is told in advance that tickets will start at this time. The major difference.

Star Wars I believe was widely marketed since there was trailer event.

This. They probably wanted the headline that No Way Home caused all ticketing sites to crash. Advertising in advance when the West Coast is wide awake is the easiest way to guarantee everything crashes.

Just now, Porthos said:

Starting to get results from Fandango.

See you fuckers in about 2-3 hours. 👍

An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #236.d9e93217.1638165237.88c12dea

Or not. :hahaha:

• Haha 9

16 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Shit, looks like the first two IMAXs are sold out at the MarqE :(

I saw those shows missing on the Regal page, however I just saw the Fandango app has a seat availability preview that just shows all the seats. Not sure if that’s accurate, but it shows plenty left!

• Like 1

There will be ton of seats on THU night. 3 PM start means the occupancy be even lower. People will easily get tickets in coming day, its stupidity IMO to throng the website like this.

Spoiler

That said I be the hypocrite buying the tickets as they drop at my place.

Also, as for 3PM start, I don't think it really improve the previews, but are they doing matinee pricing for early shows? If yes, that definitely hurt the gross.

Just now, charlie Jatinder said:

There will be ton of seats on THU night. 3 PM start means the occupancy be even lower. People will easily get tickets in coming day, its stupidity IMO to throng the website like this.

Reveal hidden contents

Also, as for 3PM start, I don't think it really improve the previews, but are they doing matinee pricing for early shows? If yes, that definitely hurt the gross.

The only thing I am particularly worried about is the local SMG caps and I need to know which auditorium they have assigned NWH for seat map purposes in case they do hit their self-imposed cap relatively soon.

Aside from that, I'm in more or less agreement.  Doesn't make this current waiting any less annoying tho.

2 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Hide contents

That said I be the hypocrite buying the tickets as they drop at my place.

The theaters set the ticket price, but most do matinee prices even when its when the movie is literally previewing, probably because they can't afford to pay a programmer to change the ticketing pricing for an individual movie.

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

futurama-good-news-everyone.gif

CINEMA WEST IS BACK UP AND RUNNING! 👍

(also known as the small chain that doesn't have tickets for NWH up yet)

It only took 1hr 15 minutes, but guess who finally got tickets!

Reese Witherspoon Comedy GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

Also all that panic for nothing.  There were only two seats sold before me.  I even got our normally seats.  LMFAOOOO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2