grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

1 minute ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

260-270m seems about right. I was leaning 275 personally but obviously that's the target

I hope you're right my friend. At this point I can see anything from....

Worst Case (IMO)
Previews = $39M
Friday = Previews + 30%
Saturday = Friday + 5%
Sunday = Saturday - 30% 
$180M 

Best Case (IMO)
Previews = $55M 
Friday = Previews + 60% 
Saturday = Friday + 15%
Sunday = Saturday - 15%
$330M 

1 minute ago, Product Driven Legion said:

This is a 3x true IM, 5.32 IM, 234-266

Yep this looks about right as of now. This time next week maybe it'll be different. I'm mainly just hoping it takes the December OW record. Anything beyond that is gravy. 

Spielberg's latest openings for dramas (wide) (excluding Ready Player One)

2017: The Post (Jan)- 19.3m

2015: Bridge of Spies (Oct)- 15.3m

2012: Lincoln (Nov)- 21m

War Horse opened Christmas 2011. 7.5m on that day.

Recent Dec openings:

Cats- 6.6m

The Mule- 17.5m

Mary Poppins Returns- 23.5

Greatest Showman- 8.8m

Hoping West Side Story can near 20m but unfortunately going for 10-15m with hope for legs

Edited by BestPicturePlutoNash

19 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Spielberg's latest openings for dramas (wide) (excluding Ready Player One)

2017: The Post (Jan)- 19.3m

2015: Bridge of Spies (Oct)- 15.3m

2012: Lincoln (Nov)- 21m

War Horse opened Christmas 2011. 7.5m on that day.

Recent Dec openings:

Cats- 6.6m

The Mule- 17.5m

Mary Poppins Returns- 23.5

Greatest Showman- 8.8m

Hoping West Side Story can near 20m but unfortunately going for 10-15m with hope for legs

MTC2 suggests 20m is possible if MTC1 is very good and walkups are very good. Not sure about walkups but we will see. 

• Like 1

Just now, Menor said:

MTC2 suggests 20m is possible if MTC1 is very good and walkups are very good. Not sure about walkups but we will see. 

20m is what I  normally would have predicted without COVID context so hopefully. The sales still don't remain very promising here. At least PLF can boost the sales

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Menor said:

I would assume MTC1 would be doing better. MTC2 is less coastal IIRC, and those are the places where WSS would likely be performing the best.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Multiverse of XXR said:

Seems like its reached a fairly stable rate. Maybe 5-6x BW from here out? 

Nah 5x BW from here would give a 75M comp lol. It’s not gonna ramp up as much as BW percentage wise, so like 2-3x for the rest of the run

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Multiverse of XXR said:

@keysersoze123 Any luck or definitive results on the MTC1 data for NWH?

Unfortunately the run I was doing on Friday had a bug and so had to abort. Yesterday it was not working at all. Today I was able to start but its so slow that rate is like 4 shows per minute. At this rate it will take day and half for the run to finish. I have partial data for about third of the shows but I am scared to share. you will go KRAY for sure(not that you are not already there).  Spider Man Wow GIF

• Like 3
  • Astonished 3

4 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Here you go

NWH MTC1 Previews - 288101/444978 4390129.45 2205 shows (303 Theaters)

I think $ value is bit high as there will be kids/senior tickets sold as well. But even if you discount 10% these numbers are crazy for 1/3rd of shows. 

Damn. So does this indicate there would be about 770-850k MTC1 tickets sold at this point? Or does your program work in a way that higher count shows or areas would get precedent? Just trying to get a feel for what the total would be. 

32 minutes ago, Multiverse of XXR said:

NWH2TheMoon

OMG, I missed Sony revealing that this would be another part 1 part 2 deal :ohmyzod:   

NWH2 won’t have omicron issues, so we should beat avatar for sure ;) 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Multiverse of XXR said:

Damn. So does this indicate there would be about 770-850k MTC1 tickets sold at this point? Or does your program work in a way that higher count shows or areas would get precedent? Just trying to get a feel for what the total would be. 

it depends on what has been done and what is pending. Big market plexes tend to sell tons of tickets per show and overall. I do see data from some uber big ones (Empire 25, Lincoln, Metreon, Universal, Disney etc). So it may not be linear but even if it trends down it should hit 700K at this point. 

But point to note is many shows are sold out or almost sold out(just seats for handicapped etc). So potential for growth during primetime is very limited at this point. So most of the growth needs to happen before prime time( 3-6PM non PLF) and post prime time(regular shows after 10 PM and PLF beyond midnight). Also since this is just one time snapshot and so I have no idea how good the pace is. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

it depends on what has been done and what is pending. Big market plexes tend to sell tons of tickets per show and overall. I do see data from some uber big ones (Empire 25, Lincoln, Metreon, Universal, Disney etc). So it may not be linear but even if it trends down it should hit 700K at this point. 

But point to note is many shows are sold out or almost sold out(just seats for handicapped etc). So potential for growth during primetime is very limited at this point. So most of the growth needs to happen before prime time( 3-6PM non PLF) and post prime time(regular shows after 10 PM and PLF beyond midnight). Also since this is just one time snapshot and so I have no idea how good the pace is. 

Understood. Just to add to my data, do you have TROS final previews at MTC1 and maybe something like Venom 2, Eternals or Shang Chi?