Disney will hit ultimate form in 2019. Their 2019 lineup is astounding

Captain Marvel

Dumbo

Avengers 4

Aladdin

Toy Story 4

Frozen 2

Star Wars Ep.9

They are monopolizing the market and cutting out the poor little guy like Fox. SAD!

4 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Captain Marvel

Dumbo

Avengers 4

Aladdin

Toy Story 4

Frozen 2

Star Wars Ep.9

Lion King got pushed?

17 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Lion King got pushed?

Nah, I think he just forgot to list it.

They also have Kenneth Branagh's Artemis Fowl (August 2) and the Anna Kendrick as Santa Claus' daughter movie Nicole (November 8) that year as well.

Edited by filmlover

11 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Captain Marvel

Dumbo

Avengers 4

Aladdin

Toy Story 4

Frozen 2

Star Wars Ep.9

(Adding Lion King)

For a person who loves Disney and supers...that's a depressing line up.  Sequels and classic animation redos...and one, ONE new super movie, and even then she'll likely be spun off from a movie, but I'll count in new.

What I'll still probably pay to see no matter what (so I'm a sucker!) is Avengers 4 (if Avengers 3 is not a letdown) and Star Wars 9 (if Star Wars 8 is not a letdown)...and I'll see Captain Marvel b/c I'll support any little new I can get...but I think I'm gonna pass on the rest b/c how much regurgitated but not as good Disney can you really pay to watch?  And, let me say now, Toy Story 4 will disappoint anyone with sky high numbers.  3 was my favorite movie (with 1) ever, and it needed absolutely nothing further...it's like ruining 3 to have a 4th movie to me...I wonder how many folks will end up feeling that way (and how many critics b/c how do you top #3 - it's a letdown no matter where you go with it)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

4 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Nah I forgot to add it. They also have 3 others (An untitled space movie, Artemis Fowl and Nicole which I didnt include as I dont think these movies will do that well)

I wonder if they'll ever give a date to the Adam DeVine comedy Magic Camp. It was shot in late 2016, already has an MPAA rating (meaning it's in the can), and was supposed to come out early next year before getting removed. Maybe it'll surface on that streaming service they will be starting in 2019.

27 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Nah I forgot to add it. They also have 3 others (An untitled space movie, Artemis Fowl and Nicole which I didnt include as I dont think these movies will do that well)

Now that Weinstein is kicked off, I disagree...Artemis Fowl could totally break out from all the repetitiveness...it'd be amusing if that gets made well and breaks out to be one of Disney's top 5 movies that year...

Now, the space movie is a spin off from planes and cars, so that's crashing and burning...I'm shocked it's even releasing, but they have to try to resell all that toy crap since Cars 3 didn't work spectacularly, sooo....they are trying space ships for the next toy line of talking vehicles...

Edited by TwoMisfits

9 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Now that Weinstein is kicked off, I disagree...Artemis Fowl could totally break out from all the repetitiveness...it'd be amusing if that gets made well and breaks out to be one of Disney's top 5 movies that year...

Now, the space movie is a spin off from planes and cars, so that's crashing and burning...I'm shocked it's even releasing, but they have to try to resell all that toy crap since Cars 3 didn't work spectacularly, sooo....they are trying space ships for the next toy line of talking vehicles...

I doubt it gets into top 5 for Disney. The other movies are far too strong. The top 4 will be

Star Wars 9

Avengers 4

The Lion King

Frozen 2

Toy Story 4

And I think Aladdin/Dumbo/CM will all do 200+ as well

5 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

I doubt it gets into top 5 for Disney. The other movies are far too strong. The top 4 will be

Star Wars 9

Avengers 4

The Lion King

Frozen 2

Toy Story 4

And I think Aladdin/Dumbo/CM will all do 200+ as well

I'm thinking:

IX: $825M

Lion: $650M

F2: $475M

Avengers: $435M

Aladdin: $400M

TS4: $375M

1 minute ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

SH adaptation 

Live Action

SH

LA

LA

Sequel

Sequel

Sequel

Wow! That’s what I call rely on brand. 

6ZU_eZ4HDMD9n7hR4S8Hom5yRQ3vahPeTOfg9SS3

You can cry all you want about originality and what not but the fact is that this is what the GA wants and Disney is giving that to them. If people really wanted original movies then they would go see them and we wont see many of them flopping and we wont see so many sequels, etc doing so well but that isnt happening. Disney has been owning the BO and will do so for the coming years. 

I dont mind sequels as long as they are good movies and well done. I mean Blade Runner is a sequel and people on this forum are raving about it. Similarily we have seen this very year that even sequels/franchise movies that are not good are being rejected by the audience (Transformers,etc). Disney has been making sequels/reboots/SH movies but they have been good for the most part which is why they succeed. 

• Like 2