grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

47 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Does anyone have THB Pulse comps for Madea? It would be insane for this to open ahead of last year's Boo!

No more insane than the past.  These movies (to me) look horrendously bad, all have 4s on IMDB, etc...but the same 5million people show up.  A Madea Halloween concept I think will continue to do relatively well because it is wrapped around an event day (Halloween) rather than Madea goes to Jail, Reunion, etc etc.  Additionally horror is in and this movie can play a bit on Get Out?  

-I watched the trailer for the first Boo...it certainly didn't look like anything special.  

2 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

No more insane than the past.  These movies (to me) look horrendously bad, all have 4s on IMDB, etc...but the same 5million people show up.  A Madea Halloween concept I think will continue to do relatively well because it is wrapped around an event day (Halloween) rather than Madea goes to Jail, Reunion, etc etc.  Additionally horror is in and this movie can play a bit on Get Out?  

-I watched the trailer for the first Boo...it certainly didn't look like anything special.  

I brought up how Lionsgate is releasing 3 Madea movies in under two years when there was a nearly 3 year gap between A Madea Christmas and Boo! I was thinking some over-saturation would kick in early, but that doesn't seem to be the case if presales continue the pace.

1 hour ago, Rumpot said:

Madea is a franchise that keeps going and as such deserves much more credit than it gets. Especially since most franchises save horror ones are 100M+ budget per movie and this is low budget. 7 movies is crazy amazing for this which shows it has a loyal fandom. I admit I haven't seen any but I'm fascinated by the phenomenon and Tyler Perry is a much more consistent draw than some overhyped names. He has his fanbase and also added value (his presence helped Star Trek 09 and Gone Girl). 

• Like 3

Busy Cinemark location near me that prices regular evening shows at $12.00. Tuesdays are $5.50.  People are catching on.  7pm showings will prob be sold out tomorrow night, but for now here are the total tickets sold per movie:

The Foreigner - 80

Happy Death Day - 65

Blade Runner - 28

Kingsman - 19

Victoria - 17

Mountain - 15

American  - 14

Sexes - 12

Pony - 8

Marshall - 6

Prof. Marston - 5

LEGO - 2

It - 0

Flatliners - 0

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

@WrathOfHan

When do the screen counts for the upcoming weekend come out?

For BOM, official estimates come out for every studio except Open Road on Thursday evening; Open Road normally is out on Tuesday

For my theater, whenever they put showtimes up on Tuesday or Wednesday :lol: 

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Thanks 1