grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Thank You for Your Service is currently sitting at 70% on RT (albeit with only 10 reviews so far). Maybe it won't do so bad after all? Then again, strong reviews didn't exactly help Only the Brave last weekend.

I'm seeing good numbers of group buys, even some sellouts in NYC and DC.  The AMC 10,000 tickets free for veterans will help preview night.  How it does will depend on if it gets that crowd talking.  I thought it was a conversation provoking movie personally...but we will see

2 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

I'm seeing good numbers of group buys, even some sellouts in NYC and DC.  The AMC 10,000 tickets free for veterans will help preview night.  How it does will depend on if it gets that crowd talking.  I thought it was a conversation provoking movie personally...but we will see

Oh ok that explains why tomorrow's showing at my theater suddenly got a 25 ticket buy :lol: 

Btw, this is probably why Thank You for Your Service has seats sold for tomorrow:

Nearly 200 screenings were held for members of the military community, and DreamWorks, Universal and AMC have teamed to offer U.S. veterans and active-duty service members free tickets at more than 400 AMC locations nationwide tomorrow. 

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

DL weekend preview:

Jigsaw: low $20M (I don't see it)

Suburbicon: $8M

Thank You for Your Service: low single digits

http://deadline.com/2017/10/jigsaw-boo2-a-madea-halloween-george-clooney-suburbicon-box-office-weekend-preview-1202194368/

Jigsaw would need to show up on MT soon for the 20M possibility.

1 hour ago, Rumpot said:

Ah...I missed that one - I'd have loved to see this free with my spouse:(...

My locals for Jigsaw sales already...

1st local - 8/370

2nd local - 31/370 (so these are the diehards, although Friday night already has more sales for the same showtimes, so I guess include Friday for diehards, too:) - it's selling better here...

Now, I will say, there's been about zero movement since Monday night, when I was surprised to see all these sales...it's not "growing" through the week like you'd normally expect, so I don't really know what this will do (but now I'm more hopeful my initial under $15M was right:)...