grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

Wonder

North Shore Cinema (4 days before previews, 5 before release)

Mequon, WI

7:00 - 10/116

10:00 - 6/116

Running 128% ahead of DH2 and 166% ahead of OE at the same time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

it seems like during the third weekend of November, if there is a 120M+ opener, it is usually followed with strong openings alongside it.  Is there any reason to think the Star or Wonder might open with more than 20M?

I could totally see Wonder doing close to 20M. 16-17 more likely but still. Maybe I'm just biased because it looks so fuckin sweet I might get a cavity

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ash Skywalker said:

That JL pulse... :ohmygod:
Selling 25-32 Tickets per minute for now!

Are you counting by actual minutes or by the minutes on the Fandango clock in the upper left hand corner (which is what I do) because not even close to that when I just counted (and should be higher now than 2 hrs ago)

10: 10am:  11.4 avg

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Thor also was #1 on Pulse Monday.

The weekend before Thor was about half of this past weekend, so being number 1 at the same point should mean that it's selling better.

• Like 3
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Are you counting by actual minutes or by the minutes on the Fandango clock in the upper left hand corner (which is what I do) because not even close to that when I just counted (and should be higher now than 2 hrs ago)

10: 10am:  11.4 avg

It changes with time. I have been counting them by actual minutes. And counted just now, its 24-29 per minute 

8 minutes ago, MattW said:

The weekend before Thor was about half of this past weekend, so being number 1 at the same point should mean that it's selling better.

If there is going to be a 160-170 weekend it needs to be selling a lot more as the opening will be far more frontloaded compared to Thor 3. 

Needs the huge opening day. 

2 minutes ago, Ash Skywalker said:

It changes with time. I have been counting them by actual minutes. And counted just now, its 24-29 per minute 

Actual minutes don't give one as good a comparison to how sales goes up and down during a day or an ability to compare it to other films and how they performed at the same time and day.

For comparison on the Monday of their release week (I don't record a lot of Monday comps since it's still early)

SM: HC:  15 avg (11am),  20 avg (3pm)

WW:   15 avg (1pm)

Thor:  13.5 (12pm)

It:       20 avg (9pm) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1