grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

24 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

TLJ dominates social media buzz on JL opening week. This is the last time JL will appear on this chart (as the chart only tracks upcoming movies)

most-talked-about-movies-11-13-17.jpg?w=

Not good numbers for Coco. Great for Paddington2.

9 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Not good numbers for Coco. Great for Paddington2.

But but but the marketing is not bad. 400K+ saw the new trailer... in a week.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bruchav said:

I remember Wonder Woman did not even have 800k total conversations, and Homecoming 2.8 million, and that did not reflect at the box office ...

These data released by Comscore are controversial, when Twitter discloses they are usually quite different, Twitter said that Wonder Woman was the most talked about film in the summer, they are more reliable.

Those number do look kind of suspicious to me, but lot of wonder woman talk would have occured after the movie openned too, no ? And twitter would have been a larger % of Wonder Woman talk than Spider-Man talk I would imagine.

Homecoming had 2 factor to have more talk respective to is box office than a movie like Wonder Woman to take into account, bigger international presence and very active online target audience.

In most market Homecoming openned quite above wonder woman.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bruchav said:

I remember Wonder Woman did not even have 800k total conversations, and Homecoming 2.8 million, and that did not reflect at the box office ...

These data released by Comscore are controversial, when Twitter discloses they are usually quite different, Twitter said that Wonder Woman was the most talked about film in the summer, they are more reliable.

I don't know what they mean by "Conversations" but its likely they might include more than just tweets (FB, etc). Just a guess. 

And both Twitter and Comcast can be, and probably are, right. Remember this chart only tracks movies before release. WW probably was the most talked about on Twitter in Summer but that is AFTER the movie released. So there is no discrepancy and no question about reliability. They are both right. 

And no one is saying and never said that these numbers reflect the final BO or the legs (thats entirely on quality and Wom and other factors). But this measures hype and awareness and could indicate OW. Thor had big numbers on this chart too and it reflected in its OW. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Those number do look kind of suspicious to me, but lot of wonder woman talk would have occured after the movie openned too, no ? And twitter would have been a larger % of Wonder Woman talk than Spider-Man talk I would imagine.

Homecoming had 2 factor to have more talk respective to is box office than a movie like Wonder Woman to take into account, bigger international presence and very active online target audience.

In most market Homecoming openned quite above wonder woman.

I'm pretty sure that this data is only from North America or English speaking countries.

And as I said, the data released by Comscore and Twitter are quite different.

Comscore

Spider man Homecoming total conversations in opening week = 2.6 million (something like that)

Wonder Woman conversations in opening week = not even came in the 900k.

Twitter releases on June 8 (when movie was released, not even a month later) that Wonder Woman is the most talked about film of 2017.

Something is not right here.

5 minutes ago, bruchav said:

Comscore

Spider man Homecoming total conversations in opening week = 2.6 million (something like that)

Wonder Woman conversations in opening week = not even came in the 900k.

Twitter releases on June 8 (when movie was released, not even a month later) that Wonder Woman is the most talked about film of 2017.

Something is not right here.

Comscore seems rather worthless but I don't know how useful Twitter stats are anyway, I have noticed a lot of "bots" repeating the same messages around the release of a movie. Who is responsible for them? It wouldn't surprise me if some marketing firms used Twitter and other social media to boost artificially the measured "buzz" of a movie they are promoting.

Edited by MrGlass2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Subzero said:

Both Movietickets and Fandango are ramping up rapidly now for JL...

it's above 9.2% and averging 16/17  per minutes on fandango ....

My count now was 102 in 5 min. That would be 20 per min. That is a really good rise in MT, I believe the first update tomorrow morning is going to increase a lot.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

TLJ dominates social media buzz on JL opening week. This is the last time JL will appear on this chart (as the chart only tracks upcoming movies)

This just prooves to me that the starwar geeks are so chatty and not much to do on their spare time ;)

2 minutes ago, Sydney Bristow said:

My count now was 102 in 5 min. That would be 20 per min. That is a really good rise in MT, I believe the first update tomorrow morning is going to increase a lot.

At this rate I'm sure it will open above THOR:R easily.....

Did you people entirely ignore the part where I mentioned, twice, that ComScore only tracks movie before release and Twitter takes into account conversations both before and AFTER release. So the fact that the numbers from both these source do not match is perfectly understandable 

• Like 2

Just now, ZeeSoh said:

Did you people entirely ignore the part where I mentioned, twice, that ComScore only tracks movie before release and Twitter takes into account conversations both before and AFTER release. So the fact that the numbers from both these source do not match is perfectly understandable 

Also, people seem to forget that homecoming opened higher than wonder woman. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZeeSoh said:

Hey, I'm gonna say The Star looks great compared to Coco...I'd take 2/3 of the box office of Coco for Star:)...

• Like 3