grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

1 hour ago, Rumpot said:

For Justice League at Tysons Mclean ("up from" refers to Saturday at 530pm EST so about 48 hours ago)

Dolby 

6pm - 96/245 (up 11)

935pm - 80/245 (up 8)

Imax

6pm - 79/461 (up 9)

855pm - 82/461 (up 10)

RealD

7pm- 12/291 (up 2)

1010pm - 1/291 (flat)

Regular

6pm - 8/291 (up 6)

8pm - 26/291 (up 5)

1055pm - 16/291 (up 14)

-Current total is $7749 compared to Thor FINAL which was $18,618 (Per RTH was #5 in the country for Thor opening weekend) and IT FINAL which was $12,843.  This is a good start given the number of showings that are going to be added tomorrow and several more days to go.

I should also mention that $3270 of Thor's Thursday total was the fan event.  Without that $15,348

• Like 2

Justice League continues to sell ahead of Thor 3. Thor 3 was at 416 tickets sold Tuesday night so JL needs to sell more than 35+ tickets tomorrow to remain ahead. Sold 43 tickets so far today so I am guessing things will continue to pick up.

Coco is doing solid. Basically doing as well as a film can do with only 2 showings and 103 seats still available. 7pm showing has reached 57% sold so I wouldn't not be surprised if my theater adds a bunch of showings Wednesday for it. 

Star is just bad.....even Flatliners did better. 

Justice League 383 1,216 31.5%
Wonder 17 156 10.9%
Star 0 234 0.0%
Coco 53 156 34.0%
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

19.2%.

Thor is at 20%.

This is an impressive move by JL considering the strength of the weekend (specifically Sunday too as that's what is relevant) and that Star Wars is selling quite well on there today too for some reason (up to 8.3%). Thor did have to up against Bad Mom's opening that Wednesday, but it wasn't especially strong at first and Wonder sales aren't negligible either.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Apparently Girl Scout troops are getting a badge if they watch Wonder. Lots of Girl Scout troops going together this weekend to watch it due to the promotion: http://www.girlscoutsla.org/en/events-repository/2017/_wonder_advanced_scr.html

2444bec2fa0e9e73960853783d3c83fc.jpg

There's also the thing I mentioned last week where both Girl and Boy Scout troops can use Fandango tickets to raise funds.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Apparently Girl Scout troops are getting a badge if they watch Wonder. Lots of Girl Scout troops going together this weekend to watch it due to the promotion: http://www.girlscoutsla.org/en/events-repository/2017/_wonder_advanced_scr.html

2444bec2fa0e9e73960853783d3c83fc.jpg

Lionsgate taking marketing to a whole new level by rewarding little kids who see their movies.  They should do a promo like this for the next Saw movie.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

Lionsgate taking marketing to a whole new level by rewarding little kids who see their movies.  They should do a promo like this for the next Saw movie.

The face of the kid on the badge reminds me of Clockwork Orange.

a-clockwork-orange-original-0001.jpg?ito

14 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

RIP The Star! Looks like Wonder might be the family film of choice this weekend and rightly so.

Why choose - I'd say there are 3 family films this weekend, and 2 are total premiere events (and 1 has 1st-time elements:), so hurray for this weekend - hopefully, the box office is as high as my optimism for all the movies (since if you look around, I'm high on all 3!:)

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1