grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

8 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

I'm surprised at Thursday presales being an apparent weak point with JL mainly because I assume that's mainly the superfans.  I wouldn't have expected reduced turnout by that group by any significant amount...if that is what happens.

We don't know yet ...until it's actually out ..pre-sales is way ahead of the SS,WW and in line with BvS ....per DW .... but will see how much of that is for Thurs remains to be seen.

5 minutes ago, Subzero said:

We don't know yet ...until it's actually out ..pre-sales is way ahead of the SS,WW and in line with BvS ....per DW .... but will see how much of that is for Thurs remains to be seen.

Yeah I'm not concluding anything.  I'll re-phrase - I'd be most surprised by a decline in that particular subset of the potential JL viewership. DC fans seem as numerous and fervent as ever to me as a whole.

I'll stop there as not the JL thread and meant it as a neutral comment about preview expectations

Edited by Rumpot

16 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Justice League is a movie, that should have done $500m and more. Discussing it opening to $105m or $150m feels kind of pointless. 

And I don't think Snyder is to blame, it's Warner Bros.

If it opens to 100 and earn 500 will it be any different?:redcapes:

• Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, Sydney Bristow said:

Time: Wednesday, 18:30 EST

MovieTickets:

JL: 28,9%

Thor: 16%

MOTOE: 10,1%

BM: 9,6%

Wonder: 8,9%

Pulse:

1- JL

2- Thor

3- Wonder

4- MOTOE

5- BM

JL finally picked up a bit, and is doing an average of 47,5 tickets per minute.

@raegr 

JL has now fallen behind Thor 3 at the same point :( It is down by 20 tickets. Although over 892 seats (6 showings) are not available to be purchased online...something seems fishy. If they aren't open midday tomorrow, I am calling my theater. They are all at prime times and I think they are holding back sales. Again, we will see tomorrow!

Wonder also appears to be capping out presale wise. It will be interesting to see if walk-ups are strong.

Coco is capping out as well. My theater sort of expanded it but it is pretty pathetic compared to Cars 3. Although it is far ahead of Car 3's sales at the same point :) It will need to top 171 tickets sold to surpass Car 3's total preview ticket sales. Seems reasonable and their actually is a lot working in favor of Coco (tickets are $5, there is no school Wednesday, and it is before a major family holiday.) 

Justice League 491 2,298 21.4%
Wonder 35 156 22.4%
Star 2 234 0.9%
Coco 64 312 20.5%
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

makes me wonder, assuming this was the theatrical trailer (without the "experience it again" part) how this movie would have fared at the box office had it been released in today's marketplace for the first time. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Marketing for JL has been pretty piss poor if you ask me, especially given WB's track record

They had nothing to work with. Snyder was worn out creatively after BvS. This is the first movie of his I've seen where I'm not impressed with the visuals.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DAJK said:

makes me wonder, assuming this was the theatrical trailer (without the "experience it again" part) how this movie would have fared at the box office had it been released in today's marketplace for the first time. 

Just saw it. I'm pretty sure this is virtually identical to the trailer for the 2012 re-release. I guess they wanted to save time when marketing this.

• Like 1

JL is picking up quickly now on MT it's close to 32% (35%), also I see an increase on pulse as well ....

The 3 theatre Im tracking also are filling up ...mostly the 6:00, 7:00, 7:30 are full (with exception of the two front rows ... I see the later shows 9 & 10 pm are also picking up as well.

Edited by Subzero
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, DAJK said:

only in 87 venues, even lesser than Forrest Gump's 337 theater for re-release  

Fandango NYC

Screens / Reserved Seating */ Sellouts / Complete Sell Outs

The 2 Empire marked sellouts from yesterday were just new added shows that hadn't gone live yet.  A couple of others like that today at other theaters 

WED 8pm

JL: 345 /171 /13 /1  

( 41 screens added since yesterday)  

THUR
CW: 459 / 96 / 87 / 37 

GOTG2: 342 / 88 / 34/  9

WW:     275/ 150 /28 / 5

SMHC: 320/ 167 /61 / 7

WED (9pm)

WW:  254 / 147 / 12 / 0

SM: HC:  307/ 160 /21/ 4

TUES (9pm)