grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

1 minute ago, Diana Prince said:

Yes, but he still picked it to open higher than Thor, WW, and SM:H. His latest prediction was 125m because he did not see any growth sufficient to raise his prediction. I wonder whether the same would hold for today, which seems to have seen a healthy growth judging by the eyeball tests. 

It picked up drastically since last night ....

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

Moderation:

This thread is for tracking and numbers, not discussions about audience reactions or support.

I was implying the reception to make a point that the film should have good internal Legs.

I shared the post only because it seems like everytime I post a Postive some seem to give me a negative about my positive.

As of now we don’t have much Boxoffice to work with at least until tommorw.

Edited by Brainiac5

1 minute ago, Brainiac5 said:

I was implying the reception to make a point that the film should have good internal Legs.

I shared the post only because it seems like everytime I post a Postive some seem to give me a negative about my positive.

As of now we don’t have much Boxoffice to work with at least until tommorw.

Maybe the early preview numbers.

• Like 1

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/box-office-preview-justice-league-hopes-110m-us-debut-1058821

Justice League is hoping to clear $110 million 

Wonder, based on the children's book by R.J. Palacio about a boy with a deformed face, is tracking to open in the $9 million range

Star is projected to open to $7 million.

Same as Variety

9 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

Yes, but he still picked it to open higher than Thor, WW, and SM:H. His latest prediction was 125m because he did not see any growth sufficient to raise his prediction. I wonder whether the same would hold for today, which seems to have seen a healthy growth judging by the eyeball tests. 

It's growth today though hasn't been as much as the others in their last days.  It would probably have to do more than the usual to up his projection.

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

It's growth today though hasn't been as much as the others in their last days.  It would probably have to do more than the usual to up his projection.

Why does it need to be, if it started off higher? I am just asking because I am a relative novice at this, but a pro at reasoning. Lol

1 minute ago, Rumpot said:

Atom's $7 off any ticket is the biggest promo I've seen from them.  It's with Chase pay and that and a growing moviepass crowd is a definite weekend boost. 

Word is that Moviepass is starting to really eat into their business, so they needed to get some big promos out to win customers back...and now you should all use that promo to see The Star or Wonder, b/c you obviously already have your JL tickets already.  Support the premier movies this weekend!:)

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Word is that Moviepass is starting to really eat into their business, so they needed to get some big promos out to win customers back...and now you should all use that promo to see The Star or Wonder, b/c you obviously already have your JL tickets already.  Support the premier movies this weekend!:)

I promise I'll be supporting this weekend. JL in 50min for me as a start and will moviepass Wonder tomorrow

• Like 1

FINALLY - 2nd local has just loaded up a BUNCH of new JL shows tonight...3 extra shows, 1 3d and 2 2d, just went live right now (or sometime between 5 and 5:30pm)...that's a very good sign (a Thor like sign:)...

And they sold THIRTY seats already (and 4 3d for 34 seats) - I checked if they had these shows at 5pm, so that's 304 seats in 2d/3d in 30 minutes already...gonna check 3d...and I'm expecting even more late shows to come up...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

And in a great, great sign for Wonder - that local ALSO added a last minute Wonder screening!:)  Those 2 movies are going bonkers at this local:)...

Edit: And since there's no bad movies to drop, big losers at this local are DH2, Bad Moms, MOE and Thor...right now, Thor dropped to only 1 showing at the 7-8pm hour and the other 3 movies lost all shows after 7:40/8:15pm showings...I suspect a load up for more 10pm JL shows is coming (since right now they only loaded 7-8pm extra shows)...

Edited by TwoMisfits