grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

13 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

And in a great, great sign for Wonder - that local ALSO added a last minute Wonder screening!:)  Those 2 movies are going bonkers at this local:)...

Wonder has actually sold about 1/3 of the seats at the 7:30 show tomorrow night at one of the reserved theaters in Delray (in one of their third biggest auditorium, no less). It's destined to be the real success story of the weekend.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

So... I don’t know about anyone else, but it’s dead at my theater and this place sells out for about everything. IMAX is only half full 15 minutes out. Thor 3 sold out an hour before hand. I don’t know if the earlier start has anything to do with it, but I could easily see this coming on the low end of expectations.

2 minutes ago, Kalderic said:

So... I don’t know about anyone else, but it’s dead at my theater and this place sells out for about everything. IMAX is only half full 15 minutes out. Thor 3 sold out an hour before hand. I don’t know if the earlier start has anything to do with it, but I could easily see this coming on the low end of expectations.

I just posted this in the weekend thread, but JL's first three shows at my theater are 94% of Thor's first three. That would translate to a 115.3M weekend, but my current prediction is 10M less than that.

Matching Thor 3 for previews is not good enough.

Thor 3 did really well over the entire opening weekend.

Meaning 20 million or less likely means below 130 million to sure.

Edited by Lordmandeep

Just now, Squadron Leader Tele said:

Grim is flying right now, he's not available.

I'm a poor substitute, but if I'm interpreting Deep Wang's info correctly, JL's final tally is around ⅔ of BVS's final presales.

Oh yeah. I forgot he was out of town

Oof.

3 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

I'm a poor substitute, but if I'm interpreting Deep Wang's info correctly, JL's final tally is around ⅔ of BVS's final presales.

Shit. Two thirds of BvS is 6.07 on the scale, which would be lower than SMHC and about the same as Thor.

Edited by Sydney Bristow

2 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

Damn, that's a pretty big drop compared to how it was doing earlier in the week, especially when a decent portion of sales are probably for next week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Damn, that's a pretty big drop compared to how it was doing earlier in the week, especially when a decent portion of sales are probably for next week.

Can sub $100M OW happen?

2 minutes ago, Sydney Bristow said:

Shit. Two thirds of BvS is 6.07 on the scale, which would be lower than SMHC and about the same as Thor.

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I don't know if I'm using the same methodology or what. So take that with a grain of salt.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

That would indicate 110 for OW then if that ratio held. 

4 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

2/3 of 166M is about 111M.  I think sub-110M is possible honestly

At this point it doesn't matter, I resigned myself yesterday this would disappoint (domestically anyway). Clearly the public doesn't care and Warner likely just wants to move on from the Snyder era. Yes, I know I've said this before, but it's worth stating again.