grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

Not panicked yet. No need to be. Pre sales MAY have fallen off, but maybe walk up business will be stronger. Let us wait until tomorrow night to see where this falls. There are people really rooting against this movie here and I can tell that they would be nothing but gleeful to see panick and irrationality. Facts matter. Let us wait for the numbers.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Can sub $100M OW happen?

It's certainly possible. I was gonna create a club for that but I think there are too many JL threads already....idk

Edited by franfar

8 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

Not panicked yet. No need to be. Pre sales MAY have fallen off, but maybe walk up business will be stronger. Let us wait until tomorrow night to see where this falls. There are people really rooting against this movie here and I can tell that they would be nothing but gleeful to see panick and irrationality. Facts matter. Let us wait for the numbers.

I think people have valid reasons to root against the film but you are right that looking at box office one should be more objective.

If final PS is correct then that indicates a 110m OW. Now for those panicking do remember that Thor's final PS also was indicating 109m OW and that opened to 122.75 so it had a lot of walkups. JL should hope for that kinda walk up and if it does then it could open to 120m+

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

My mind goes back to that crazed DC fan who theatres SW8 spoiled if JL opened below Ragnarok.

Do your worst bud. I dare ya

Oh yeah I forgot about that. I'm gonna go dig that facebook group and see if someone has put that poor guy on suicide watch or not yet. 

• Like 1

Throw out all presale #s starting in 2018...Moviepass just dropped to an annual rate of $89.95 (when you add their fee)...that's now gonna be less than $7.50/month for movie tickets as long as you wait til day of...that's gonna pop its subscription numbers by another huge multiple (and kill presales)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

Fell behind Thor 3 as walk ups were not as strong. Still a solid number though.

Wonder is doing fantastic!

Coco is the real story. Cars 3 sold 171 tickets total and Coco should crush that number easily. It already has one sell out :):) 

Justice League 882 2,298 38.4%
Wonder 79 156 50.6%
Star 27 234 11.5%
Coco 150 312 48.1%
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

Fell behind Thor 3 as walk ups were not as strong. Still a solid number though.

Wonder is doing fantastic!

Coco is the real story. Cars 3 sold 171 tickets total and Coco should crush that number easily. It already has one sell out :):) 

Justice League 882 2,298 38.4%
Wonder 79 156 50.6%
Star 27 234 11.5%
Coco 150 312 48.1%

Hoping for a $20M opening plus for Wonder.