grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Interesting - my local has only given JL 1 extra screen tonight, but Wonder now got 3 (and I mentioned The Star got 2 yesterday)...every day, these 2 little movies are popping up with more and more showings:)...

Because JL was already overbooked compared to the o/w business it's getting and Wonder especially was under booked..

In NYC, JL had as many screens as GOTG2 and it's going to open to at least $50m/ 35% less.  It's going to be shedding screens right and left.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Because JL was already overbooked compared to the o/w business it's getting and Wonder especially was under booked..

In NYC, JL had as many screens as GOTG2 and it's going to open to at least $50m/ 35% less.  It's going to be shedding screens right and left.

JL is at about half at what Thor was for their second weekend at my theater (10 showings vs 19 showings) and now shares it’s PLF.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Maybe - this local is keeping all its screen and showings for JL through Thursday that weren't "adds" through the weekend...it got 6 adds Thurs/Fri/Sat, but only 1 today...but it keeps its "regular" the rest of time time...

I mean, the only way Coco will steal them is to now "earn" them, which all the premier movies did a great job at my theater this weekend.  The problem for Coco is that so many folks will prebuy Wed/Thurs for their favorite movie that none of the showings might be able to be stolen (especially Thursday)...I mean, for example, The Star and Wonder have sold tickets to every Thursday showing they have already...once you sell a ticket, it's a helluva lot harder to steal (and it's not like Coco fans would want the likeliest steals from 10pm and later)...

My AMC hasn't uploaded showtimes yet, but I'm expecting this:

Biggest: Justice League (confirmed)

2nd Biggest: Coco 2D/3D (confirmed)

Averages: Lady Bird, Wonder, Justice League 3D (confirmed), The Star, Orient Express, Wonder/Coco

4th Smallest: Thor 2D/3D

3rd Smallest: Roman J. Israel, Esq.

2nd Smallest: Daddy's Home 2

Smallest: A Bad Moms Christmas

I doubt JL will need more than two screens, and they can cancel showing of Bad Moms if need be.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

My AMC hasn't uploaded showtimes yet, but I'm expecting this:

Biggest: Justice League (confirmed)

2nd Biggest: Coco 2D/3D (confirmed)

Averages: Lady Bird, Wonder, Justice League 3D (confirmed), The Star, Orient Express, Wonder/Coco

4th Smallest: Thor 2D/3D

3rd Smallest: Roman J. Israel, Esq.

2nd Smallest: Daddy's Home 2

Smallest: A Bad Moms Christmas

I doubt JL will need more than two screens, and they can cancel showing of Bad Moms if need be.

So, you think Coco's gonna get 1.5 for your theater?  I'd think it's best chance would actually be to split Bad Moms (morning/night), not Wonder, since Wonder is selling at all times of the day (but Bad Moms tends to be almost all evenings)...

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, you think Coco's gonna get 1.5 for your theater?  I'd think it's best chance would actually be to split Bad Moms (morning/night), not Wonder, since Wonder is selling at all times of the day (but Bad Moms tends to be almost all evenings)...

It's probably gonna be that way at my theater too. They're expected to get Three Billboards and (I guess) Roman J. Israel this week.

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

Right now Wonder has a full screen and one showing on a screen with one Thor and two Justice League showings (not counting the afternoon Bad Moms that got scrapped today). Splitting a screen between Coco and Wonder allows extra capacity for both with Bad Moms as the screensaver for them and others :lol: 

AMC Empire Tuesday night:

• Coco
    • 7:00 PM - 13/293 (about 4% full)
    • 10:00 PM - 5/293 (about 2% full)
    • Total - 18/586 (about 3% full)
  • The Man Who Invented Christmas
    • 7:00 PM - 2/134 (about 1% full)
    • 9:45 PM - 2/134 (about 1% full)
    • Total - 4/268 (about 1% full)
Edited by That One Guy
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

24 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

AMC Empire Thursday night:

• Coco

Tuesday or Thursday?

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

AMC Empire Tuesday night:

• Coco

Is this good or bad for Coco?

Edited by grey ghost

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Only two showings of Coco on Wednesday and beyond have sold anything, one of which is entirely compromised of a group sale and the other being mostly a group sale. Tuesday night has only sold two tickets.

Don’t you say you lived in the redneck part of Florida? No offense.

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

How is Coco comparing to both Moana and The Good Dinosaur so far? (In terms of tracking, presales, theater showings, etc.)

We’ll get a DW update soon, but Coco is looking good at my theater.