grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Presale updates from our source. Current Wonder Woman presales are at 82% of Suicide Squad's final number which was at 6pm Pacific. Roughly 3 more hours to go.

What about Underpants?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

That would translate into a 109.6M weekend. Hmm.

Walk ups and WOM will be VASTLY superior, I suspect.

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

That would translate into a 109.6M weekend. Hmm.

Again, there's the Carmike factor. 

Though I do think without the Thur Preview only free T-Mobile that SS had that it's multiplier will be higher than SS's which was around 6.65

2 minutes ago, DCfanboy4Life said:

And to think Wonder Woman KICKS OFF THE SUMMER! That's it Schools are Fully OUT! First Movie out the gate post School ALWAYS WINS THE SUMMER BOX OFFICE! GONNA BE A HUGE MOVIE

Movie "summer" now begins the first week of May and has since Spider Man in 2002.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

You should take into account the reserved seating growth and the walk up factor though.

Not to mention how much bigger the pool of theaters from this source has become. GOTG vs CW's presales would have translated into a 150M OW; its OW was about 4M behind but ended up very close to what the presales indicated. I can see anywhere from 100-115M right now tbh

Edited by WrathOfHan

2 minutes ago, DCfanboy4Life said:

And to think Wonder Woman KICKS OFF THE SUMMER! That's it Schools are Fully OUT! First Movie out the gate post School ALWAYS WINS THE SUMMER BOX OFFICE! GONNA BE A HUGE MOVIE

By that definition, TMNT 2 would've been Summer #1 last year. And Spy in 2015. Aka, doesn't work like that.

Of course this all translates to WONDERWOMANBIATCHEZNANANANANANABECAUSEIMBATMAAAAAAAN in your language, but let's put our feet back on earth.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

By that definition, TMNT 2 would've been Summer #1 last year. And Spy in 2015. Aka, doesn't work like that.

Of course this all translates to WONDERWOMANBIATCHEZNANANANANANABECAUSEIMBATMAAAAAAAN in your language, but let's put our feet back on earth.

Damn someone is being hostile today

1 minute ago, BeastByTheBay said:

Will Diana defeat Clark this OW, find out on the next episode of....

Maybe without Walmart but then she has T Mobile discounts.

I think BvS the only DCEU movie not to have some discount - it didn't did it?

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

I think this seems like a much more spur of the moment viewing kind of movie, especially with reviews.

Of course it'll be frontloaded due to fanboys, but I see it being more walk up oriented compared to the rest of DCs films.  I can see it really hitting home with families and older audiences, as well as younger ones.

• Like 2

Just now, grim22 said:

Additional data - Captain Underpants presales are the same as Boss Baby had on Wednesday afternoon of release week. Mummy presales are 35% of Kong from a week before opening.

Mummy 22.75m OW confirmed.