grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Additional data - Captain Underpants presales are the same as Boss Baby had on Wednesday afternoon of release week. Mummy presales are 35% of Kong from a week before opening.

Gotta throw out that Kong comp because of the March data screwup.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Gotta throw out that Kong comp because of the March data screwup.

The screwup gave us lower numbers not higher ones. It is 35% of the lower March data we have. Will look for other comps when I can.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Negative Panda Covfefe said:

I think this seems like a much more spur of the moment viewing kind of movie, especially with reviews.

Of course it'll be frontloaded due to fanboys, but I see it being more walk up oriented compared to the rest of DCs films.  I can see it really hitting home with families and older audiences, as well as younger ones.

Correct. BvS and SS midnights were a tremendous share of numbers across the board.

Assuming this follows anticipated trends, anything over $15 million would signal an epic weekend incoming.

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The screwup gave us lower numbers not higher ones. It is 35% of the lower March data we have. Will look for other comps when I can.

Alien and POTC would be decent comps I suppose.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, excel1 said:

It begins.

Long line reports on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=wonderwoman line&src=typd

This is why I now love reserved seating. Just buy the ticket online, pick your seat, print the ticket (or make sure to have it on your phone) and done. Only line to wait in is for overpriced popcorn and/or drinks (the latter I will pay the $6 for the WW cup as I did with GOTG2).

Edited by TheMovieman
  • Like 2

That's 82% of what Suicide Squad did in total presales, but this number is three hours before final presales, so that ratio could get up to 90% because the last three hours are usually the heaviest for presales, and alot of West Coast money is coming in. That number is pretty damn good from where I'm reading it.

Also, no schools in my area are out, they don't get out till next week. And that's Florida schools - schools in the northeast are probably at least a week or two later, for example. Every school is still out on August 4th, and this has more family appeal, so this should do more over the weekend, too. I am not buying the 150+ predictions yet but I'm feeling good about over 120 for Wondah Woman.

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Alien and POTC would be decent comps I suppose.

It is 12% of the Alien presales a week before release and 25% of Pirates was at 2 weeks before release. 12% higher than Baywatch 2 weeks before release

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

It is 12% of the Alien presales a week before release and 25% of Pirates was at 2 weeks before release. 12% higher than Baywatch 2 weeks before release

Trailer views.

• Like 1

Suicide Squad's $20.5M is probably too tall of an order but if Wonder Woman does $15M that should put it in a very strong position for the weekend, especially when it should enjoy much stronger buzz over the weekend than Suicide Squad did over its first weekend.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

wow UNDER 30M OW is happening especially with the trashing from critics that will happen

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Suicide Squad's $20.5M is probably too tall of an order but if Wonder Woman does $15M that should put it in a very strong position for the weekend, especially when it should enjoy much stronger buzz over the weekend than Suicide Squad did over its first weekend.

$20m would top Jurassic World. $150m would be incoming.

16 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

That's 82% of what Suicide Squad did in total presales, but this number is three hours before final presales, so that ratio could get up to 90% because the last three hours are usually the heaviest for presales, and alot of West Coast money is coming in. That number is pretty damn good from where I'm reading it.

Also, no schools in my area are out, they don't get out till next week. And that's Florida schools - schools in the northeast are probably at least a week or two later, for example. Every school is still out on August 4th, and this has more family appeal, so this should do more over the weekend, too. I am not buying the 150+ predictions yet but I'm feeling good about over 120 for Wondah Woman.

SS previews were heavily inflated by the free T Mobile ticket which led to a 6.5 w/e multi

WW should be less preview heavy since it's discount is for the entire w/e.  With a generous 8 multiplier it would need to do $15m in previews to make $120m. 

I think that's the ultimate high end and I'm not seeing it that high for previews in NYC if we compare it to GOTG2's $17m in terms of showings and sellouts.  Also indicative,  AMC Empire has it on 15 screens and hasn't started adding any tonight (as is their pattern when they get busy).  GOTG2 had 24.  Lincoln Center IMAX  hasn't even added another IMAX showing yet (though the should since the second- the 10:30pm is 80% full)

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

SS previews were heavily inflated by the free T Mobile ticket which led to a 6.5 w/e multi

WW should be less preview heavy since it's discount is for the entire w/e.  With a generous 8 multiplier it would need to do $15m in previews to make $120m. 

I think that's the ultimate high end and I'm not seeing it that high for previews in NYC if we compare it to GOTG2's $17m in terms of showings and sellouts.  Also indicative,  AMC Empire has it on 15 screens and hasn't started adding any tonight (as is their pattern when they get busy).  GOTG2 had 24.  Lincoln Center IMAX  hasn't even added another IMAX showing yet (though the should since the second- the 10:30pm is 80% full)

8 is not a generous multiplier at all during this time go year...JW did 11.5x...MOS did 12.

Edited by excel1
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, grim22 said:

At this point we may as well start comparing it to Jack Reacher Never Go Back LOL

Sitting waiting for my 7:00 pm showing of Wonder Woman,All I can say is WOW! For how This film has so many elderly couples here.

5/8full but People are steadily coming in.

There are also plenty of couples can WW see a Deadpool effect????

Edited by Brainiac5

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It's a SH movie with much of school out - it's generous. 

Poor reasoning for a dozen reasons.

25 minutes ago, grim22 said:

lol rip this movie and rip the summer game