2. JWFK - 17.4%

3. O8 - 4.6%

4. Tag - 4%

5. DP2 - 2.2%

Still quite a gap for JW to close

Look at Deadpool 2 hang in there. Never underestimate a man with baby legs 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

One thing I will say in I2's favor and against JW2...my Regal local (the one that hits the 12-45 male audience) is only giving JW2 4 showings so far Thursday night (2 2d, 2 3d)...and they've only set 3 screens for it for the weekend (15 showings - 12 2d, 3 3d).  This is the "Solo" sign to me, b/c this theater seemed to be dead on when it came to guesstimating the demand for that movie last month.

I could see this movie still surprising to the downside if I don't see this theater pick up some showings b/c this movie has got to hit that young to middle aged male demo hard to go really high.

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

Question: I know I saw the list by can’t find it. Does anyone have a list or the link to the list of the Top Grossing Domestic Theaters?

Edited by captainwondyful

IF JW2 doesn’t have a decent ow , say 130+ million, things will get ugly for it extremely fast. It’s such a lol movie that I expect some hilarious reactions, this thing is begging to be decimated by social media and the like....oh booooy. :hahaha:

7 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

IF JW2 doesn’t have a decent ow , say 130+ million, things will get ugly for it extremely fast. It’s such a lol movie that I expect some hilarious reactions, this thing is begging to be decimated by social media and the like....oh booooy. :hahaha:

If WOM is bad I really think FK will have the second worst admissions drop off DOM after Alice 2. Something in the 65-70% range. 

BOP weekend https://pro.boxoffice.com/weekend-forecast-jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-takes-second-frame-incredibles-2/

Jurassic World: 129M

Incredibles: 90M

Ocean’s: 10M

Tag: 7.6M

Deadpool: 4.3M

Solo: 4.2M

Hereditary: 3.4M

SuperFly: 3.3M

Infinity War: 3M

Adrift: 1.1M

Too high on Adrift IMO; that’s coming for another big drop

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 3

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

That's so Solo. 

The last blockbuster to keep getting downgraded on box office pro was Solo and we all know how that went. I’m gonna keep my $105M-$115M prediction. I’m on the road right now so I’ll do a seat check later tonight and that will prob be my last one unless I can do one tomorrow morning 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

The last blockbuster to keep getting downgraded on box office pro was Solo and we all know how that went. I’m gonna keep my $105M-$115M prediction. I’m on the road right now so I’ll do a seat check later tonight and that will prob be my last one unless I can do one tomorrow morning 

If it’s still not #1 on MT tomorrow, I’m saying sub 100. Just have no idea how it’s supposed to hit that if it can’t even top I2 there going into the weekend. Unless I2 is set to do 130+ lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

One thing I will say in I2's favor and against JW2...my Regal local (the one that hits the 12-45 male audience) is only giving JW2 4 showings so far Thursday night (2 2d, 2 3d)...and they've only set 3 screens for it for the weekend (15 showings - 12 2d, 3 3d).  This is the "Solo" sign to me, b/c this theater seemed to be dead on when it came to guesstimating the demand for that movie last month.

I could see this movie still surprising to the downside if I don't see this theater pick up some showings b/c this movie has got to hit that young to middle aged male demo hard to go really high.

Oh, and since I don't have time for a full theater list, I didn't want to miss my other local (Cinemark) on this movie...just like with Solo, it is going all-in on Thursday night with 9 showings (7 2d, 2 3d) and then a 3 screens + 1 extra late show (17 showings - 5 3d, 12 2d) set for the weekend.

I don't know...middling critical reviews, not great trailers, right after another better movie which heavily drew males aged 12-45...I don't even want to say $100M is guaranteed yet for this weekend...I was shocked how far to the downside Solo went and this one could follow into that path...

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

If it’s still not #1 on MT tomorrow, I’m saying sub 100. Just have no idea how it’s supposed to hit that if it can’t even top I2 there going into the weekend. Unless I2 is set to do 130+ lol.

The walk ups will save it like they saved Solo. 

• Haha 5