The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

JW is ticking upwards!

MT

1. I2 - 56.1%

2. JW:FK - 22.3%

3. O8 - 3.8%

4. Tag - 3.5%

5. Hereditary - 1.9%

Still, I2 only fell about a percent, it was mostly everything else that fell that boosted JWFK

Edited by The Incredible Panda
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

Jurassic World 2 985 3616 27.24%

A couple more showtimes were added.

Comps (the following are final totals before their previews, not at the same point in time):

541% of Blade Runner ($177.3M)

108% of Thor: Ragnarok ($132.4M)

70% of Justice League ($65.8M)

492% of Jumanji ($178.1M)

456% of Ready Player One ($190.4M)

58% of Deadpool 2 ($73.4M)

91% of Solo ($77.1M)

38% of Incredibles 2 ($70.4M)

Jurassic World 2 1166 3616 32.25%

Comps (the following are final totals before their preview, not at the same point in time):

641% of Blade Runner ($209.8M)

128% of Thor: Ragnarok ($156.7M)

83% of Justice League ($77.9M)

583% of Jumanji ($210.9M)

540% of Ready Player One ($225.4M)

69% of Deadpool 2 ($86.8M)

108% of Solo ($91.2M)

46% of Incredibles 2 ($83.4M)

Now I'm a touch concerned. I thought there would be a bit more of an uptick in ticket sales, but it only went up about 181. Not stagnant, but it should still be doing a bit better.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

A possible sub 100 opening for Jurassic World 2 would put 300 million domestic in jeopardy. I'm not sure if this movie is getting a 3x multiplier. 

Given the current reviews I highly doubt JW2 gets a 3x multi.  300m is in jeopardy if it opens below 140m or so.

Edited by The Incredible Panda
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I don't think Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is a movie that will get people to care enough if it underperforms.

We are potentially looking at a historic drop for the sequel to s mega-hit, ppl will care

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I don't think Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is a movie that will get people to care enough if it underperforms.

If anything I think people would laugh at it underperforming vs meltdown

4 minutes ago, Chewy said:

We are potentially looking at a historic drop for the sequel to s mega-hit, ppl will care

Yeah, it's obvious that people are about to look back more kindly on Age of Ultron and The Last Jedi's holds from their predecessors but Fallen Kingdom just seems so...eh? I'm definitely seeing it but I'm not excited in the slightest.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Honestly this year is so ridiculous that JWFK falling 60% DOM wouldn't even be the top story, maybe not even top 5?

2019 gonna be even crazier.

Spoiler

SetWidth1920-detective-pikachu-character

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

Not gonna sugarcoat it: under 100 would be disastrous for Jurassic World. Even taking into consideration that its predecessor over-performed to an absurd degree, it would be mind-blowing to see the sequel's opening fall under the previous film's second weekend.

I had it pegged for a Fate of the Furious-style hold, but all signs are pointing toward something lower.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aabattery said:

2019 gonna be even crazier.

Reveal hidden contents

Detective Pikachu, Uglydolls, Minecraft, Dora the Explorer, Playmobil, Angry Birds, Sonic, He-Man. Studios are really bringing out the big guns next year.

• Like 4
  • Astonished 1

So I’m going to do the last presales check at my theater tomorrow morning since I just got to the hotel and I’m beat from driving all day. 

But I just checked and the final showtimes for JW2 are up for Thursday and it turns out I was right in saying my theater would hold off on adding the same amount of showtimes for JW2 as Solo and DP2. I guess after they got burned by Solo after assuming it would bring in the walk ups they’re adding showtimes for JW2 based on the demand. So on that note JW2 is finishing with 6 showtimes total. 4 2D and 2 3D. For comparison, both Solo and DP2 finished with 9 showtimes. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 6/19/2018 at 3:43 PM, TalismanRing said:

Reserved seat sales at my local for Thur have risen by 11 seats yesterday over the last day for a total of 40 of about 600 seats.   On the bright side that's 37.9%!

Seriously, maybe non reserves less expensive regular 2D screens are selling better

19 more seats sold since yesterday at the two reserved RPX showings (1 3D, 1 2D). There are five additional non reserve, the total has not been raised.

59 seats sold out of 600 as of 11:11pm EST   

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

It's possibly safe to assume, Jurassic WON'T opening under 100 million. Nothing's totally out of the realm of possibility though.

Not even close to safe. Every sign right now is pointing to sub 100. This thing better be insanely walk up driven or FK may literally pull a Solo, 85m and all.