grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

14 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Well now that we've all said our piece, let's actually do what this thread was intended for.

MT:

1. Guardians 2: 36.5%

2. Snatched: 12.6%

3. King Arthur: 11.5%

4. Alien: Covenant: 4.2%

5. Baahubali 2 (Telugu): 4.1%

Pulse:

1. Guardians 2

2. Snatched

3. King Arthur

4. Alien

5. Guardians 2 3D

Pulse Watch:

19 for Wimpy Kid, 43 for Everything, Everything, 4 for Baywatch, 36 for Pirates, 29 for Wonder Woman, 1 for Captain Underpants, and 11 for All Eyez on Me.

All Eyez on me already selling tickets? Could a straight outta Compton breakout be on our hands?

• Like 2

Some of you guys seem to be forgetting that you don't even have to be a registered member in here to access the threads. You're placing blame on newer members while forgetting that any anonymous person has access to what is posted here. Who is to say it was really a registered member who did the twitter leaking?

I am not a fan of witch hunting at all.

Sorry, that's the last thing I'll say about it, let's go back to numbers.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 11

30 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Well now that we've all said our piece, let's actually do what this thread was intended for.

MT:

1. Guardians 2: 36.5%

2. Snatched: 12.6%

3. King Arthur: 11.5%

4. Alien: Covenant: 4.2%

5. Baahubali 2 (Telugu): 4.1%

Pulse:

1. Guardians 2

2. Snatched

3. King Arthur

4. Alien

5. Guardians 2 3D

Pulse Watch:

19 for Wimpy Kid, 43 for Everything, Everything, 4 for Baywatch, 36 for Pirates, 29 for Wonder Woman, 1 for Captain Underpants, and 11 for All Eyez on Me.

Huh, I have Alien after Guardians 2 and above Snatched on the Pulse link in the OP.

Edited by trifle

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

Yeah me too but maybe things changed a bit from 25 minutes ago.

It's been like that for a while.  I'm wondering if the link Pulse is different.  Oh well!

Just now, trifle said:

It's been like that for a while.  I'm wondering if the link Pulse is different.  Oh well!

Maybe the site and the iPad app have different time-frames when updating the top5? That's indeed a bit weird if it keeps happening! Let's keep an eye on that.

Also I just saw on pulse that there's a 10 year anniversary edition of The Fifth Element selling?? That's awesome, I wish I could watch it on a big screen.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Maybe the site and the iPad app have different time-frames when updating the top5? That's indeed a bit weird if it keeps happening! Let's keep an eye on that.

Also I just saw on pulse that there's a 10 year anniversary edition of The Fifth Element selling?? That's awesome, I wish I could watch it on a big screen.

I believe somebody on the old thread mentioned how the browser version either is behind the iPad version or that it repeats or something? Don't know the details but I think it was @TalismanRing or @Matrix4You who said it.

• Like 1

I was going to start this second-run discount theaters report last week, but anyways, here it is.

Second Run discount cinemas - 4 locations

2 weekends ago

Moana - 3 showtimes

La La Land - 10 showtimes

Sing - 3 showtimes

Split - 3 showtimes

Lego Movie - 22 showtimes

John Wick - 11 showtimes

Fifty Shades - 2 showtimes

Fist Fight - 3 showtimes

Rock Dog - 3 showtimes

Get Out - 13 showtimes

CHiPs - 14 showtimes

Logan - 8 showtimes

Life - 5 showtimes

Hidden Figures - 1 showtime

Trainspotting - 4 showtimes

Before I fall - 3 showtimes

cut for last weekend - Sing, Split, John Wick, Fifty Shades, Fist Fight, Hidden Figures, Trainspotting, Before I Fall

appearing last weekend - Ghost in the Shell, The Shack, Kong

LAST WEEKEND

Moana - 2 showtimes

La La Land - 5 showtimes

Lego Movie - 18 showtimes

Rock Dog - 3 showtimes

Get Out - 7 showtimes

CHiPs - 3 showtimes

Logan - 17 showtimes

Life - 15 showtimes

Ghost in the Shell - 14 showtimes

The Shack - 9 showtimes

Kong - 9 showtimes

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

I believe somebody on the old thread mentioned how the browser version either is behind the iPad version or that it repeats or something? Don't know the details but I think it was @TalismanRing or @Matrix4You who said it.

The desktop ap looks to be about 1/2 an hour behind and shows the sales of that previous 15 minute window in a loop - so if there aren't a lot of sales you see the repeats during that 15 minute window.  The time stamp is in the upper left hand corner so you can see when it starts to repeat. The top 5 on the bottom seems to update in set intervals as well, it's not live.

@Arlborn  20th year!  Time flies!  Ugh.  It's a Fantom Event.  I saw a trailer/ad for it during GOTG2 yesterday.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

The movie came out in 1997, so 20th anniversary, not 10. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119116/

7 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

The desktop ap looks to be about 1/2 an hour behind and shows the sales of that previous 15 minute window in a loop - so if there aren't a lot of sales you see the repeats during that 15 minute window.  The time stamp is in the upper left hand corner so you can see when it starts to repeat. The top 5 on the bottom seems to update in set intervals as well, it's not live.

@Arlborn  20th year!  Time flies!  Ugh.  It's a Fantom Event.  I saw a trailer/ad for it during GOTG2 yesterday.

2 minutes ago, franfar said:

The movie came out in 1997, so 20th anniversary, not 10. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119116/

I know it is from 1997 but in my mind we were in 2007 and I was 10 years younger. Thank you for ending the dream.

@TalismanRing Any idea how often the top5 on the site updates itself though? And what about the iPad one?

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

there was a pattern going on this morning.  it happens 3 times every 5 min.  All Eyez on Me would show twice real quick with Born in China next to it.  When I saw it again I couldnt believe it so I sat and there it was again (with similar timing placements of things like Smurfs and GIfted).  I DO NOT TRUST THAT THING

• Like 1