grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

16 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Up way too early

This implies you ever sleep. Given the times I've seen you post on this board, I'm not entirely certain of that. :lol:

(thanks for the work there! I was hoping someone would take a crack at it. 👍)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

This implies you ever sleep. Given the times I've seen you post on this board, I'm not entirely certain of that. :lol:

(thanks for the work there! I was hoping someone would take a crack at it. 👍)

I believe in successive napping - or rather that's the way it seems to turn out. :lol:

• Haha 3

Fandango Sales Past 24 8 Hours
Since: 2019-04-03 03:00:00 (US/Central - Chicago)

RANK	PERCENT	TICKETS	MOVIE
1	54.965%	12426	Avengers Endgame (2019)
2	13.323%	3012	Shazam!
3	07.732%	1748	Avengers Endgame  (2019)
4	05.304%	1199	Pet Sematary (2019)
5	05.127%	1159	Us (2019)
6	03.782%	855	Captain Marvel (2019)
7	02.751%	622	Dumbo (2019)
8	00.730%	165	The Best of Enemies
9	00.694%	157	Unplanned (2019)
10	00.659%	149	Five Feet Apart

Spoiler

Well, seven and a fraction.  But that's just quibbling. ;)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

I believe in successive napping - or rather that's the way it seems to turn out. :lol:

Me too. Can't really sleep anyway, but I work often at unusual hours too, so I find myself way too often here at BOT at times.

I will not be as detailed and constant as @Porthos  but here goes

NYC (+ the usual few NJ Metro area) Fandango Ticket sales

As of now I am only listing fully shaded out Complete Sell Outs.

I don't have the time to check each reserved showing to see near sellouts but just clicking on haphazardly there are already  A LOT  (and some will never fully sell out b/c of wheel chair places)

Way back in 2016 for CW less than 20% of seats were Reserved (so much easier to check).

As of this morning after 2 full days of sales AEG is already in terms of theaters, showings and complete sellouts at AIW levels between April 22nd & 24th - the week of the premiere and after 5 weeks of sales

AEG: April 4 (8am)

Theaters: 58

Showings:  552

Reserved Seating: 437

Complete Sellouts: 52

AIW: April 8 (tickets had been on sale since March 17 - so 22 days)

Theaters: 50

Showings:  362

Reserved Seating:  217

Complete Sellouts:  25

Near Sellouts: 67 (front row or less)

AIW: April 22 (Sunday)

Theaters: 58

Showings:  456

Reserved Seating:  259

Complete Sellouts:  47
Near Sellouts: 125 (front row or less)

AIW: April 24 (Tuesday)

Theaters: 59

Showings:  581

Reserved Seating:  338
Complete Sellouts: 67

Near Sellouts: 132

AIW: April 26 (Thursday: 5pm)

Theaters: 59

Showings:  661

Reserved Seating:  380
Complete Sellouts: 115

Near Sellouts: 180

• Like 3
  • Thanks 8

2 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

@TalismanRing How’s PS doing compared to AQP? It needs at very least of $3.8m at previews to reach $40m, what are you seeing for now? 

I don't have AQP's Thur numbers and only have my guesstimate for Wed but it looks to have fallen well behind AQP for now.   Horror though is a very late seller so we should know better late afternoon

A Quiet Place    (Mon) 2,177   (Tues)  4,003    (Wed) 10,665

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Wed, April 3
4 Hours (2019-04-03 8-Midnight CST)    

Avengers: 9,683 - if it did 21.57% to 33% like other films during it's 4 hours then  it did approx 30-45k on Wed

Shazam!: 1,977 - 17.19% higher --> 5,975
Pet Sematary: 777 - 21.9% higher ---> 2,579

I was hoping for Shazam to play out like a A Quiet Place (I know it's horror but both were PG 13 movies that were very well received and lived off wom and walk up friendly business, plus AQP was also released on this weekend last year 😛)  but if that Wed guesstimate is true then it's already fallen way behind AQP's 10.6K Wed :sadno: .

still hoping for a 5.5M Thursday and 50M weekend 🙏

46 minutes ago, cax16 said:

:sparta:

At least Variety knows these expert early tracking numbers are kind of embarrassing after the record breaking pre-sales

Given the hype surrounding “Endgame,” it’s hard to imagine the epic finale between Thanos and Earth’s Mightiest Heroes not pulling off unprecedented numbers. After all, advance ticket sales for “Endgame” essentially broke the internet, crashing websites for popular theater chains like AMC and Alamo Drafthouse due to popular demand.

One interesting obstacle could be the film’s runtime. “Endgame” clocks in at over three hours, making it the longest Marvel movie yet. When theater owners factor in time for end credits and cleaning the auditorium, it could result in less showtimes per day.

They try to give cover though with the fewer showtime rationale which is being shown not to be happening - there are even more showtimes.  Yes smaller theaters will have more trouble expanding but they're also not the theaters driving the biggest % of the B.O. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1