grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

14 minutes ago, Nova said:

Not sure Shazam is gonna be walk up based as the 4PM showtime did not sell anymore seats and will close out with what I previously reported. 

The 3D showtime for 5PM went up by two tickets though! 

If I know anything about families, it's that they go to 4pm showings on Thursdays.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

is this from the same source as akvalley?

http://akvalley.pythonanywhere.com/static/fandango_past24hours.txt

Shazam is at 9377 :jeb!:

It's the same source.  My count are for tickets sold today after midnight. 

That's a rolling 24 total - or actually less since Fandango Pulse was down until 7:30pm or so last night

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Nova said:

Not sure Shazam is gonna be walk up based as the 4PM showtime did not sell anymore seats and will close out with what I previously reported. 

The 3D showtime for 5PM went up by two tickets though! 

3D’s back, baby!

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

13 minutes ago, dakus said:

Pet Sematary has outpaced A Quiet Place on Fandango according to Boxofficemojo. Might help with comps considering the lost days

Hype is back. :excited:

I knew it it would happen, the reason PS increased less than AQP during the week was because it already accumulated far more sales. 

Really curious bout the previews, anything above $3.6m and $40m is locked.

10 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Has Fandango been giving him super secret numbers not born out by Fandango Pulse?   :rock:

I assumed it was just a nugget of info given out by Fandango itself, since pulse was down for awhile. Maybe i’m just dumb.

15 minutes ago, dakus said:

I assumed it was just a nugget of info given out by Fandango itself, since pulse was down for awhile. Maybe i’m just dumb.

I assume the same, but I'm just not seeing those kind of numbers looking at today so far unless this pre-sold before this week like a SW movie :unsure:

I'm going to have to start peaking at some seating on Fandango.  Sigh

Edited by TalismanRing

44 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Yes, it will increase now. Thursday previews have started for Shazam. 

Shazam up to 10.7k, I think Endgame increased though up to 26.2k

Edit: Nevermind Endgame is on that list three times and is at 30.1k, or just over 50%

Edited by Ledmonkey96

45 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

If I know anything about families, it's that they go to 4pm showings on Thursdays.

So only families will be interested in Shazam? Got it. Expecting that huge Saturday surge then. Just like I’ve heard “ShAzAM wIlL rEly oN wAlkUps” for the past week. 

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

So only families will be interested in Shazam? Got it. Expecting that huge Saturday surge then. Just like I’ve heard “ShAzAM wIlL rEly oN wAlkUps” for the past week. 

Well since we've established this will probably be a more family friendly film, who don't tend to buy in advance, yes, they would be a large chunk of the walkups.

These 4pm showtimes are so strange though, we have some here in Toronto as well today but like really who’s going to the movie at that time on a Thursday normally? Most people are working or kids are just getting out of school between 3-4pm. So strange to start previews then for any movie. I know that any movie that has enough hype will sell whenever but this time is weird for previews, should be only 7pm and a late show(unless the movie is really long like EG)

Edited by cax16