Beginning on August 1, 2017 all free accounts will have the same avatar size as all paid accounts. This means you will be able to upload larger avatars on that day if you have a free account and this will no longer be a paid perk.

That One Guy

Tulip Fever | September 1, 2017 | Weinstein | Dane DeHaan and Cara Delevingne star

filmlover    26,545

Fully looking forward to when it eventually sees the light of day on Lifetime ala Grace of Monaco and Suite Francaise.

TalismanRing    23,448

I remember when this movie starred Jude Law & Kiera Knightly and was shut down after it was already in production due a change in the UK Film Tax Credit system in 2004

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Matrix4You    1,662

In my summer game notes, I put it at 2,250 theaters opening week for $4,000 PSA.  9.00 Opening weekend + Previews for 35M total.  The main competition will be All Saints from Sony/Columbia which I have coming in higher than Tulip Fever.  Crown Heights got added, but it is distributed by IFC and is an Amazon Studios feature.  Expect a limited rollout for that.

filmlover    26,545
Just now, Matrix4You said:

In my summer game notes, I put it at 2,250 theaters opening week for $4,000 PSA.  9.00 Opening weekend + Previews for 35M total.  The main competition will be All Saints from Sony/Columbia which I have coming in higher than Tulip Fever.  Crown Heights got added, but it is distributed by IFC and is an Amazon Studios feature.  Expect a limited rollout for that.

This won't even make $2M if it actually gets released.

Matrix4You    1,662
1 minute ago, filmlover said:

This won't even make $2M if it actually gets released.

Closest comparison I made was The Other Boleyn Girl

• Like 1

Matrix4You    1,662

Hands of Stone got 2000 theaters last Summer from Weinstein.  Gold + Founder + Lion occupied over 3000 theaters combined this Winter.  I expect 2,250 locations for Tulip

Cmasterclay    12,743

I know we aren't supposed to speculate from rumors and stuff but apparently this shit is a disasterrrrrrrrr.

filmlover    26,545
Just now, Cmasterclay said:

I know we aren't supposed to speculate from rumors and stuff but apparently this shit is a disasterrrrrrrrr.

Fun fact: Alicia Vikander shot this before The Danish Girl.

• Like 1

filmlover    26,545
1 minute ago, baumer said:

That's pretty pessimistic.

It's a Weinstein release that's been kicked around the release date schedule for years. No way this ends well.

Noah    4
3 hours ago, Matrix4You said:

I doubt it will get a wide release. 

2 hours ago, Arlborn said:

How bad can the actual film be though?

I don't think it's awful. At worst it's boring and badly edited. I bet it has been re-edited a million times-in the best Weinstein's fashion possible.

Some reactions here:

https://letterboxd.com/film/tulip-fever/reviews/by/activity/

Another person who watched it two years ago said that she liked it but it was tonally weird. 

• Like 3

marveldcfox    988

Dane DeHaan...Boy i thought he had it in him to be a future star but nah...Killing it with wrong choices. Has yet to surpass his acting in Chronicle. Say whatever you want about Trank but the guy extracted the best out of DeHaan...Maybe DeHaan needs Trank back in his life..Or Trank needs DeHaan? Confused.

Dehaan will be fine. How can you say that he has made bad choices so far? I mean he worked with Gore verbinski in a film that tanked. I'm sure there's many people that would like to work with Gore verbinski. And then you get into a film that has Judi Dench and an All-Star cast and you call that a poor choice? I don't think it's a poor choice I think it has more to do with behind the scenes. 

dudalb    1,199
21 hours ago, Arlborn said:

How bad can the actual film be though?

As big a finaincial disaster as the subject it is about.......