kayumanggi

Weekend Actuals: 36.2 M ALIEN: COVENANT | 34.7 M GOTG II | 11.7 M EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING

6 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Thats pretty bad for Alien, Prometheus legs incoming.

Yeah...i was shitting on this for sometime now...but after watching it i dug it. At this rate I am afraid this will be frontloaded as hell and miss even 300WW. 

2 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Yeah...i was shitting on this for sometime now...but after watching it i dug it. At this rate I am afraid this will be frontloaded as hell and miss even 300WW. 

Depending on where the OW lands I'm thinking it's range DOM is 90m - 115m.  At 45m OW Prometheus legs will put it at 110m DOM.

AC will be frontloaded but it should cross 40 m.

The best comp I could come up with was The Purge. :sparta:

A horror sci fi movie (according to BOM), released June 6th of 2013, that had a Thursday preview of 3.6 m and opened to 34 m.

11 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Any ideas where this one lands from that preview?

Also damn, my survival game is gonna suffer with that Alien number. I went too low...

Here's a list of some films I found that made between 100 and 200K for previews

• The Founder - $105K, $3.4M OW
  • The Space Between Us - $170K, $3.8M
  • Florence Foster Jenkins - $190K, $6.6M
  • Incarnate - $120K, $2.5M

Heh. About the only good news for Wimpy Kid is it's a kids movie. SpongeBob 2 did $560K and Home did $650K, so I'd say Wimpy Kid will be very lucky if it hits $10M for the weekend.

14 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Any ideas where this one lands from that preview?

Also damn, my survival game is gonna suffer with that Alien number. I went too low...

Probably somewhere between Middle School and Monster Trucks. The closest comp I could find was $375K for Smurfs: The Lost Village, but that movie came out when Spring Break was still in session.

5 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

I don't know about you guys but I want a ALIEN vs PREDATOR film in 3D directed by some young hungry director who wants to enter the blockbuster filmmaking club.

James Cameron:sparta:

• Like 2